CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: God's Blessings
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:00 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

A few days ago I was in a restaurant having breakfast. I had on a shirt that had a picture of an emblem from a certain kind of car. The waitress and the people who sat at a table near me asked me what the emblem was for. I explained that it was an emblem from a certain kind of car that I had. The people said that I must have won the lottery to have a car like that. I don’t even know how to play the lottery.

I told the people that I’ve tried to put God first in my life and also have worked all my life. God tells us that if we keep Him first, He will meet all our needs and will bless us.

Matthew 6: 31 – 33
Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 5:6
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

We should always desire the will of God in our lives first. Without Him we really have nothing that counts - but with Him we have the best of all, eternal life through his Son, Jesus.

God tells us in His word that we will be blessed when we work.

Proverbs 12:11
He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread: but he that followeth vain persons is void of understanding.

Our most important work is to do the will of God. To reach others and share the truth that God sent His Son to bring us salvation.

Ecclesiastes 12:13
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Mark 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

God is great. I thank Him every day for all His blessings. Most of all, I thank Him for salvation.

Thanks for reading. (my car is a Shelby mustang)

Don

Join the forum today and remove this ad!