CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:56 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

I posted this in the past in the Site News and Announcement section and posting this again.

If you do not have the correct email in your profile for your username, your account will be deleted from the forum.

I receive hundreds of bounced back emails daily from non-existance or non-working emails that you have listed as your email.

There is a forum emailer that sends emails to you when you receive PM's, monitoring a thread, and etc..

But if your email is not correct or you registered with a fake email, I get all those bounced emails back.

I am no longer going to have to wade through hundreds of them daily to get to my real emails.

Therefore, begininng in 2 weeks, when I receive a bounced email, I will look up the email that goes to the account on the forum and delete that account from the system.

I posted this warning last year (16 Jan 2008) which fail on deaf ears. viewtopic.php?f=88&t=57110

I have to do something as the amount of bounced emails I am receiving back is ridiculous. It's a time wasting burden that the only solution is delete those accounts which are causing the problem since posting to ask people to update their email accounts has proven not to work.

This announcement has been posted in every forum section so there is no reason that anyone should tell me they didn't see it.

AOL Users - Added 17 Mar 2010
Been getting tons of returned emails on AOL user accounts that say mail box is full.......If we receive several returned emails from same user, account will be deleted.

Verizon Users - Added 01 May 2011

Be sure to approve our email addresses of forum-no-reply@coondawgs.com and webmaster@coondawgs.com in your spam mail filters.

Failure in doing so can cause your account to be deleted out for returned email back to us.

With 24,000 forum members, is not our responsibilty to go in and have to approve our email address for your mail client so our emails will go through.

About Email Changes
Please read this thread that is located in the Concerning Site and Forum Issues section about email changes:

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=25160

About Deleted Accounts
You will need to re-register a new account with a VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:03 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

how do i no if my email is bad??? :?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:05 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

You know what working email you have.........then double check in your profile that you have the correct email.

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:56 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

A really fast way to check, for those of us with our email accessible to others on the forum, is to hold your cursor over your email button (near your pm and profile buttons). It will show the actual email address you are using.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:45 am 
IP:
Um i have a bit of a problem. My father died two weeks ago and i was forced to basically become homeless, my email that i had will nodoubt be ending anyday now for lack of haveing that internet service I have no interest in getting free emails of anykind yahoo, msn, ect . I have been staying temporarly with my girlfriend untill i can find a place and get new net service. so basically what should i do I like this site and do not wish to get bumped off.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:02 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

You must have a vaild email on this forum...............not sure why it would be a problem to get a free yahoo, hotmail, or gmail email account.

That's the solution to have an email account if you have no internet provider.

There is absolutely no excuse or reason why anyone should not have a vaild email account -- especially when you can get a FREE yahoo, hotmail, or gmail email account.

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:19 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I have had hotmail for ten years or so. It sure is easier than chaning addresses everytime providers change, has had better virus protection than several internet provider's e-mail, never have had a problem with not enough space for holding on too tons of e-mails I should delete anyway and it's easy to set up an account!

Sorry about your loss, Ivegotthecooninitch, but setting up a mail account through hotmail, gmail, msn or something is just a good idea.

Good luck with your never ending quest to herd and manage a bunch of us knuckleheads, Buckshot!

Oregon http://www.bayingbriars.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:27 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Buckshot wrote:
About Email Changes
Before people start emailing saying that they changed their email address and now can not login, please read this thread that is located in the Concerning Site and Forum Issues section about email changes:

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=25160

Reposting the bottom part of the first thread as some folks seem to be missing it for some reason.

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:18 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hope your email is correct as any bounced back email I receive, the account will be deleted from the forum.

Here is an example the return emails I am receiving that has to stop.

Quote:
Return-path: <>
Envelope-to: host.houndsunlimited.net
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:18:14 -0600
Received: from mailnull by host.houndsunlimited.net with local (Exim 4.69)
id 1LZYGc-00014U-Gt
for host.houndsunlimited.net; Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:18:14 -0600
X-Failed-Recipients: j_jewett1@yahoo.com
Auto-Submitted: auto-replied
From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@host.houndsunlimited.net>
To: host.houndsunlimited.net
Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
Message-Id: <E1LZYGc-00014U-Gt@host.houndsunlimited.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:18:14 -0600

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

j_jewett1@yahoo.com
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
host g.mx.mail.yahoo.com [206.190.53.191]: 554 delivery error:
dd Sorry your message to j_jewett1@yahoo.com cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued [#102]. - mta287.mail.re2.yahoo.com

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <host.houndsunlimited.net>
Received: from cdawgs1 by host.houndsunlimited.net with local (Exim 4.69)
(envelope-from <host.houndsunlimited.net>)
id 1LZYGc-00013u-36
for j_jewett1@yahoo.com; Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:18:14 -0600
To: "=?UTF-8?B?c21va2Vkb2c=?=" <j_jewett1@yahoo.com>
Subject: =?UTF-8?B?VG9waWMgcmVwbHkgbm90aWZpY2F0aW9uIC0gInNvcnJ5IGJveXMgbm90IGEgcm9j?= =?UTF-8?B?a2V0IHNjaWVudGlzdCBqdXN0IHdhbnQgdG8gaHVudCBiZWFycyBueSI=?=
Reply-To: <forum-no-reply@coondawgs.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <97bac315e2bc7269ae25974f560556a2@www.coondawgs.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:09:28 -0600
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: PhpBB3
X-MimeOLE: phpBB3
X-phpBB-Origin: phpbb://www.coondawgs.com/forum

Hello smokedog,

You are receiving this notification because you are watching the topic,
"sorry boys not a rocket scientist just want to hunt bears ny" at
"CoonDawgs.com". This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You
can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications
will be sent until you visit the topic.

If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the
following link:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=84298&p=414781&e=414781

If you want to view the topic, click the following link:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=84298

If you want to view the forum, click the following link:
viewforum.php?f=19

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the
"Unsubscribe topic" link found at the bottom of the topic above, or by
clicking the following link:

viewtopic.php?uid=4246&f=19&t=84298&unwatch=topic

--
Accounts are activated every few hours. Please read this thread for more
info on account activations:
viewtopic.php?t=13466

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:24 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

I will not be posting a list everytime I delete a user who has a bad email account in the system that is sending these return emails to my account.

I am doing this to show you how bad the problem is. I began the deleting of accounts with returned email accounts this afternoon.

As you will see below, there is almost 50 accounts below and the day is not over........come tonight when the forum is more active, I'll receive a ton of returned emails.

Now multiple these accounts below about 5 or 6 times as that is what about each account had in return emails to me. One user had 9 return emails.

I had posted back in the Site News and Announcement section back on 16 Jan 2008 about updating your email to a valid email..It fell on deaf ears I suppose. I even warned that: Eventually, to stop all the returned bounced emails, I'll delete accounts out with incorrect emails..

Fast forward a year to now when I made a global post that is on top of every single forum section that it was about to start happening just last month.

Something has to be done about all the returned emails I am flooded with everyday.........I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to this drastic step thus why I warned in Jan 2008 to get your email updated to a valid correct email.

mspirl
crowdog4
Grady
banditchaser
dl320a
alton
CAN DEW
walkerguy2000
Matt Brabender
miller
duncan,tyler
summarb
johnny nipp
hogfarmer
tall timber
BuckNAze
Matt b 147
PAWalkers
Coonhunter_Indiana
blackjack
bodock
bigswampboy07
bear dogger
nl08_07
Ezra Ahrendt
rhwolf
patrick maggard
big al
coonhunter2243
LCK
MSCoonhunter
ESTES
WILLCOX
southernthunder
Ken Keffer
larry_hicks_jr
cage_kicker2003
TNHOUNDSMAN31
ken l. kinney
Bodie
walkerman89
petethebluetick
Trapperguy1
Carl wilson
dlab
chrisj2011
jbird
smokedog

To those of you who have been updating their emails to the correct emails, I want to say thank You. I know who you are as this forum keeps tab of info like that plus I have to re-activate your account when you do so.

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:59 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I read the warnings and still did not update my e-mail because I am somewhat of idiot LOL. Then, I was out! No grief from me Buckshot, I should have paid attention. I guess the wife hit the panic button, sorry for her bothering you about it :oops: . Thanks for letting me back on!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:50 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Look as though as this is solving the problem...........Checked my email this evevening and today is the least amount of returned emails I have had in a couple years.

Sure makes it easy to navigate my email box to seperate returned emails from real emails.

This policy will continue to be in place I reckon for as long as I own and run the forum.

It's also catching alot of folks who are registering with fake accounts.

I had an issue the other day, I reckon from someone who got booted because of return emails I was receiving who decided to be an ##*%* and register like 5 fake accounts in a row that were obvious to flood my email with returned emails because of the what the email addresses were.

What he didn't know is that when I receive returned emails, it also includes your IP. Guess I got the last laugh on that one.

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:20 pm 
IP:
im new to all this how do i keep my e-mail up to date
thanks. randy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:12 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Randy hall wrote:
im new to all this how do i keep my e-mail up to date
thanks. randy

Rather simple...............make sure you have a valid email in your profile of this forum. A valid email is a working email.

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:11 am 
IP:
thanks alot

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next