CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: puppy size
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:24 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

My first hound was a redbone pup that grew to be massive, he weighed somewhere around 80 to 90 pounds, I've yet to see another one anywhere near that size. He didn't know he was that big either, lol. One of his first fights with a coon cut one of his ears and he was overly cautious afterward. He would never go in to bite the coon unless it was distracted or dead, but when he did bite you could hear the bones break. Also, he would bite once and swing the coon tossing it, usually to the right. One night I was coaxing and pushing him in to fight a coon and instead of flinging it once he actually heaved to the right hung on and swung back to the left and the coons head slammed into my knee so hard that I thought it busted my kneecap. A man down the road from me had a pair of redbones and he lost his male when it was hit on a highway, he begged me to sell him my dog and I ended up giving it to him.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:54 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have a 5 month old female Bluetick. She only eats 2 cups of food most days and 3 on some days. She is an inside dog. She weighs around 32lbs and is 19" tall at the shoulder. But her rear end is taller. Her father is big; almost crotch high at shoulder. Mother is just above the knees high.
My pup gets out to run in the woods just about every other day for an hour or so.
Is she growing slower than normal?