CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:51 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

coonhunter1500 wrote:
one night me and my neighbor and his friend decided j to take my 2 1/2 yr old walker we turned him lose by a pond and bout 100 yds away he tress we think its a coon so we run up there as fast as we can its a tall oak with a fork in the middle we shine the spot light up in the fork and we see something big and black like a big cat i shoot up in the tree and all of a sudden it jumps down a limb and we finally realized it was a black panther so i grab my dog and we take off running i hear it jump out of the tree and take off after us but we finally make it to the truck and i started it up and floored it we havent been huntin in that spot ever since

Lmao I love when someone thinks they seen a black panther lol ha ha ha a black panther is a genetic thing that happens to asian leppords like an albino only one in thousands r born that way no cat in north america is black but do get a lil darker during some times of year just like deer change color a lil from summer to winter lol black panther did the local zoo loose az cat? Or we u just overly excited when u seen what u were not expecting id probably ##*%* myself if I came up on a big cat black or not but we don't have cats here in I'LL and all the people who are scared of coyotes why iv heard yotes n went to them they r scared as hell of us we r too big for em I don't know for sure but I don't think there has ever been one person ever killed by a healthy yote and I mean ever

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:47 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Well I was wrong I seen a deal on TV about the only person ever killed by a yote and it was a teen age girl cant remember the name but even the experts on there agree yotes r not a danger to us under normal circumstances

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:12 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Back when I was about 20, my brother, myslef and about 4 other friends where hunting. We where at the foot of the mountain, behind an old church. One dog was treed and the other was running. It was late so we caught the dog that was running, and I told my brother to stay there where we caught the dog. My freind and I went to the tree. As soon as we get to the tree, I here something odd. I couldn't tell what it was. Well we couldn't find the coon, so we pulled the dog off. Then we heard a terrible scream. I yelled at my brother, who was about 150 yrds away. he didnt answer. This noise kept getting closer, before we could get back to the church we were running. When we get there, I asked my brother why he didn't stay where I told him, he said his dog begin to bark then hid behind him. When he heard the screaming, he picked up his dog and ran off. The people we where hunting with, had hunted longer than I had be alive, and they had never heard anything like that. To this day we still aren't sure what it was. Also this isn't the only strange things that has happened there, but couldn't stay away long, because the place was loaded with big boar coons.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:00 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

It's amazing what people can say, when someone ask a question on this forum!!!!!!!

The Swamp Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:23 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

It's also amazing the attitude people receive when answering a question on a forum

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:00 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

tup8806 wrote:
coonhunter1500 wrote:
one night me and my neighbor and his friend decided j to take my 2 1/2 yr old walker we turned him lose by a pond and bout 100 yds away he tress we think its a coon so we run up there as fast as we can its a tall oak with a fork in the middle we shine the spot light up in the fork and we see something big and black like a big cat i shoot up in the tree and all of a sudden it jumps down a limb and we finally realized it was a black panther so i grab my dog and we take off running i hear it jump out of the tree and take off after us but we finally make it to the truck and i started it up and floored it we havent been huntin in that spot ever since

Lmao I love when someone thinks they seen a black panther lol ha ha ha a black panther is a genetic thing that happens to asian leppords like an albino only one in thousands r born that way no cat in north america is black but do get a lil darker during some times of year just like deer change color a lil from summer to winter lol black panther did the local zoo loose az cat? Or we u just overly excited when u seen what u were not expecting id probably ##*%* myself if I came up on a big cat black or not but we don't have cats here in I'LL and all the people who are scared of coyotes why iv heard yotes n went to them they r scared as hell of us we r too big for em I don't know for sure but I don't think there has ever been one person ever killed by a healthy yote and I mean ever

I'm with you. Cracks me up. Every generation has its black panther stories. Cougars simply don't come in black. But some are kinda dark and, if seen in late evening, might appear to be black.
But there are big cats in Illinois.
http://chicagoist.com/2012/10/30/downst ... a_phot.php

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:05 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Many years ago, when I was a kid in the hills of Western Arkansas, I took a day time hike up into a canyon. I was wearing my dad's revolver and had some kind of mut with me. Following the water stream back down I heard a noise. You know the sound when you push over an old snag? Not the cracking sound it makes when it comes loose but the "whump" when it hits the ground. That sound. It came from the trees no more than 70 feet ahead. There was no sound of anything running away; no other sound at all. I just rested my hand on the pistol and eased on real slow. Made me a little nervous. Wonder what that was?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:09 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I've been in the woods many times alone at night, think nothing of it.
This one time I was in a hurry when I got home. I grabbed my gear and my oldest hound. Just wanted to make one quick drop at my favorite honey hole with her to listen to some hound dog music and have a little "live action" as its said. Made the drop and started to listen. In my haste I forgot to see if my hunting light was charged. It had about enough juice to shine a tree for about 5-10 min at the MAX but I still had my little $15 headlamp from Walmart. The dog had struck and begin to work up to the top of the hill and onto the backside. I could see her on the garmin but not hear her as loudly as I wanted to. So I thought I would walk up the old road 200-300 yards up the hill and sit and listen better. Well I did, I sat in the dark to listen for about 20 mins or so. She had picked up the trail, it had got hotter and pushed it onto the other side I knew she was not far from being treed and thought I'd head back to the truck and drive to the other side.
The strangest thing happened when I headed back. As i would start walking i would hear something else start walking after I walked about 50 or 75 ft and stopped, it would make 5-6 more steps then stop it would stop. It was in the woods far enough where i couldnt see anything with my little headlamp but close enough to hear it make the extra steps when i would suddlenly stop. I shined my hunting light with a quick flash, taking a chance to loose a bit of battery, hoping to see a flicker of some eyes or somthing. The sound was coming from over my left shoulder up in the woods as I looked back not in the road. I never could see anything and I know it was not my imagination. This happened 3-4 times at least. Every time i would stop, i would here the extra steps rustling and kicking up a few leaves then it would stop too. Anyhow I walked a wee bit faster, never stopped again on the way back to the truck..
Somebody told me it could of been a coyote following me, a bobcat, I have no idea but it was something for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:24 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Cool hand Luke wrote:
I've been in the woods many times alone at night, think nothing of it.
This one time I was in a hurry when I got home. I grabbed my gear and my oldest hound. Just wanted to make one quick drop at my favorite honey hole with her to listen to some hound dog music and have a little "live action" as its said. Made the drop and started to listen. In my haste I forgot to see if my hunting light was charged. It had about enough juice to shine a tree for about 5-10 min at the MAX but I still had my little $15 headlamp from Walmart. The dog had struck and begin to work up to the top of the hill and onto the backside. I could see her on the garmin but not hear her as loudly as I wanted to. So I thought I would walk up the old road 200-300 yards up the hill and sit and listen better. Well I did, I sat in the dark to listen for about 20 mins or so. She had picked up the trail, it had got hotter and pushed it onto the other side I knew she was not far from being treed and thought I'd head back to the truck and drive to the other side.
The strangest thing happened when I headed back. As i would start walking i would hear something else start walking after I walked about 50 or 75 ft and stopped, it would make 5-6 more steps then stop it would stop. It was in the woods far enough where i couldnt see anything with my little headlamp but close enough to hear it make the extra steps when i would suddlenly stop. I shined my hunting light with a quick flash, taking a chance to loose a bit of battery, hoping to see a flicker of some eyes or somthing. The sound was coming from over my left shoulder up in the woods as I looked back not in the road. I never could see anything and I know it was not my imagination. This happened 3-4 times at least. Every time i would stop, i would here the extra steps rustling and kicking up a few leaves then it would stop too. Anyhow I walked a wee bit faster, never stopped again on the way back to the truck..
Somebody told me it could of been a coyote following me, a bobcat, I have no idea but it was something for sure.

The yotes are real curious about people and will stalk you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:58 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

if a yote was doing that to me my bullet would be real curious lol!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:07 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

A few months ago I was walking my pup out about a half mile behind my house letting him “sniff the woods” as my wife would say. The pup was up ahead of me a short distance when he just froze looking at something. He didn’t bark or growl, just stood there. I walked on up to have a look and didn’t see anything right away but then heard loud snapping, cracking sounds and turned the direction it came from. There was a huge, hairy creature sitting on a log just like a human would sit. He looked the size of an NFL player with hair covering all but his nose and forehead which were sort of grayish colored. He was sitting there munching on a trail camera just like you would eat a sandwich! First time he looked at me he just gave a glance and kept on eating but after a bit he stuffed the last of the camera in his mouth and stood up and trotted away slowly like a batter taking a free base. He never looked back. I found one fairly good track which was about 18 inches long and was going to come back and photograph it but my pup got on it a couple of times and messed it up. I didn’t even tell my wife. Just phoned a buddy I used to hunt with and told him but asked him to not tell anyone because people would just think it was a crazy story.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:39 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Bigfoot? Where you from? You should train that pup to get what ya saw could make ya a lot of money.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:36 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Somebodys been hittin the bottle too much lol

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:15 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

lol its finally friday. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:38 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

The scariest and the silliest thing happened on the same night for me. I'm glad I was alone at the time so no one was there to witness. It was last year right after the kill season and my young dog was coming on pretty well so we went out to a local Sportsman club I belong to that has some really nice area to hunt.
It was the Dark of the moon and we started down a path towards the swamp and a big creek. She was still on the lead and all the sudden she turned to the right, the hair came up her back,started showing her teeth and growling. I quickly looked down at her because I had never saw her act like this. I looked in the direction she was staring and... Good Lord! There stood a black bear 20 feet away stand up.
My heart jumped out of my chest for a second then I realized it was one of those 3D archery targets. I guess it was so dark out I never saw it till she did. My heart still racing, I thought they must have had a tournament and forgot to put one away.
So we headed down the trail and quickly she turned left and growled, my eyes followed and Holy Smokes...a wild Boar! That heart attack was only half a second after this first round. Than I had to chuckle at my self and realized they hadn't had the shoot yet, they were set up to have a 3D shoot.
Now I know wild hogs have not been seen in my part of Pa but when you don't expect it and its the dark of the moon and those targets are pretty realistic looking. I bet most people would've had a small heart attack.lol
We encountered many more exotic creatures that night and even treed 2 coon. That was a night ill probably not forget and now I laugh every time I think about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next