CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: just need to vent
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:22 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Got lucky tonight in more ways than one. Here's what happened. Took a green 10 month old male pup out and a 6 year old female out tonight. Dropped the pup first by his self on some private land for about a half hour with no luck, loaded up and went to some public land to drop the female once or twice. Here's the first bit of luck; about 1/2 mile into public land I see a coon cross the road up ahead and so I pass by where I saw it and pull over. I wait a minute and drop the pup. He finds it on his own and opens up (1st time opening on track). I spot to kits up a tree about 30 yards from the pup but he isn't able to locate the tree. So I drop the female out to help. She opens about 30-40 yards pass the tree with the kits and works the track about another 150 (the pup with her but not opening) and trees. When I get in view of her the pup is 40+ yards away and the female is treeing on two trees only feet apart. As I'm walking in I spot a coon in one tree and decide to tie the female to the other tree being as she was at the one I hadn't shined when I first saw her. (If that makes any sense?). So I start shining the tree I have her tied to and I spot a coon up that one also and at that time the pup comes in. Here comes the second bit of luck; as I'm petting the female up the pup is smelling the tree and he starts treeing (another first on a wild coon). So I'm praising both of them and step back and start videoing. After a short video I get back in there and the pup comes around the tree and gets between the female and the tree and she goes after his head and neck. I instantly swat the bitch and push the pup toward the other tree right next to the one we're on (which also has a coon) and immediately get him smelling and treeing on that one. Now I think I handled that situation good enough that it didn't have a negative effect on the pup he actually treed a lot harder on the second tree. When I got home I looked at the video and realized she had gone after him before the previous mentioned incident but I hadn't noticed. Anyways I want to beat that female so bad for that but no point now just can't hunt her with another dog again. Ok I'm done with my story thanks for letting me gripe on here.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!