CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:29 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

i grew up around it my daddy always had some type hunting dog deer toi rabbit to fox and always had a good blue tick so how did you get in hunting

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:11 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

my buddy asked me to go one time with him and that was all it took i was hooked on coon hunting like it was a bad drug just cant get enough i bought a dog the next week and the rest is history.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:10 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

my pops got me into it when i was 14. i fell in love the first time my dads older dog JUDY struck a track and treed a coon. there is nothing else like in the world. :D :)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 5&ref=name
http://www.myspace.com/bamaguy619

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:32 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

my dad got me into it a few years back.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:49 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

my uncle got me into bear hunting 4 years ago and i love it but im just gettin ready to get into coon hunting figure its gotta be just as much fun n i cant wait to get out there and tree soon coons

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:10 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

that dang ole BLUE BOY ACE got me into it been around hunting all my life had friends that hunted coon but never tried it untill back around October. Like i said i've been around it Sonny Reynolds is my uncle's dad and he is a big time coon hunter. I wish that i had started sooner than now. Love it and hope to have 2 of my YOUNGUNS gettin into it. Levi my oldest son LOVES every min. of it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:38 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I went on my first coonhunt 23 years ago.Had beagles,deer hounds and stock dogs all my life, but it was something about a coonhound's locate that sent shivers up my spine.I was hooked.I hunted 5 to 6 nights a week when I first began coonhunting.Once hunted 10 nights straight.I'm married w/2 sons now,but still try to hunt when i can.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:48 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

JOHNNY JONES,BENNET STROUD SR ,SCOTT STROUD,DEIGO MYERS, SCOTT SOILEAU ,and BARNEY COOLMAN(my dad) were my influences on coonhunting.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:55 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

my granddad he always kept some kind of hunting dog most always a multi purpose dog squirrel,coon ,possum, whatever we turned a cur mixed he had loose one night he treed a big boar we shot it out it hit the ground with plenty of life left in it i was hooked right there after i asked just about every night if we could go coon hunting he saw how i was getting coon crazy and he traded for an old black and tan he was not much of a coondog but he did tree a few coons enough to keep me interested it gets into your blood and you cant get it out . keep treeing them guys and goodluck.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:01 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

this is kinda different than the rest of ya'll but i got into it after the class watched "where the red fern grows" in 6th grade. after that i got a male and female redbone. and been hunting ever since.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:21 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

me and 2 of my cousins was camping on the chattooga river in 1980 (i was 10 years old). we had hunted all day, then put up a tent and camped out on the river to do some all nite cat fishing. we was setting on the bank of the river and heard some dogs running and they were headed our way. they were getting close , so we got our lights and they were 2 walker dogs running a deer down the other side of the river. about 20 min. went by and then we seen some lights coming down the same side of the river that the dogs was running on and 2 men stoped and ask us if we had seen any walker coon dogs and we told him no , but we did see some walker deer dogs ( one of the men was Sonny Reynolds, the owner of the ''95 PKC world champion tree packing pete''). me and my oldest cousin got to talking and we wanted us a coon dog. about 2 weeks later we both had us a dog. i had a red dog and my cousin had a B&T , and the rest is history. that's right

GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' HARD KNOCKIN STYLISH JUDY
PKC SILVER CHAMPION,,,,,,,,,, ACHA NITE CHAMPION
ACHA ALABAMA STATE CHAMPION
TRUE STORY ,,, THAT'S RIGHT ,,, NO-NONSENSE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:40 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

GOOD STORIES FELLARS
I DONT EVEN REMEMBER HOW I GOT STARTED BUT I HAVENT BEEN IN FOREVER AND IM READY TO GO AGAIN!
YELPER43

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:11 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I havent been in it but a little over a year. a buddy called me one night and asked me if i wanted to go coon hunting and being big into hunting period i said heck ya ill go. we treed only once that night but listening to that dog talk brought back memories of back when i had rabbit dogs it wasnt long after that i got me one and ive loved it ever since id rather be in the woods with my dogs at night then doing anything else.

grch'pr'reynold's red rose
ch'pr'tree chopins putem up thunder

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:34 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

A freind of mine would not leave me alone about going with him. I told him there wasn't no way I was chasin' after a dang coon with dogs in the middle of the night. He said if I would go just once I'd be hooked. To prove him wrong I went, "just once". By the following weekend I had my own hound to run and I've owned hounds ever since. Now my wife stay's after me about keeping my boy's out till all hours of the night.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:01 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I GOT INTO HUNTING AFTER READING PAYROLLS HOW TO BECOME A COONHUNTER VOLUME 1 AND 2 ! :twisted:

LIFE LONG MEMBER OF THE PIGEON MOUNTAIN CLAN !!!!YOUNG GUN KENNELS. HOME OF SOON TO BE WORLD FAMOUS { PAYROLLS LITTLE RIVER HARD KNOCKING STYLISH PAYDAY } !!!! IT DONT SOUND LIKE MUCH BUT ITS WHERE I AM FROM .I SAID IT DONT SOUND LIKE MUCH BUT ITS WHERE I AM FROM, WHERE THERES A COUNTY FAIR EVERY FALL UR FRIENDS ARE THERE WHEN YOU CALL !!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next