CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:22 pm 
IP:
mu uncles hunt but i didnt think nuttin bout coon huntin then my mom met my stepdad from virginia and he got me and other people where i live either involved with coonhuntin or got people started!

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:25 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

well one night i had nothin to do any way and my papaw told me to throw on my boots and the young neighbor by was goin coon huntin' so i said heck ill give it a try so i went and ive been addicted since its like a very addicticting drug. :twisted:

"PR" Rozies Tiny Dancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:20 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

My dad plays in a bluegrass band and one of the members named jimmy asked us to go with him one night and weve been hooked ever since. His brother gave us a Walker pup and now she is 3 years old and will tree a coon every time u let her out of the box. weve been huntin hard for 6 years now and i plan on hunting for the rest of my life. Its great fun and very addicting

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:29 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I started coon hunting about 5 years ago in when I was a senior in high school. This guy i knew had a redbone male and bluetick female so I started going with him all the time. I have been hooked ever since then. A few years ago my buddy and his dad got back into it and bought 4 dogs so then I started going with them and bought myself two english dogs. I have owned 3 dogs now and definitely plan on doing it the rest of my life. It is very addicting.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:42 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

TRADITON! its been pasted down threw the generations since my great grand dad came to america. my first dog was a blue tick female still have her shes proly 13 15 more like a gaurd dog now. ive been coon hunting since i was 9 or 10 years old. iam 19 now and iam getting into hunting coon alot harder than before since i graduated i go out everynight. and when grandpa wants to go i have to. He is so dedicated he makes me climb every pine tree in pennsylvania to get that coon out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:30 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

My uncle got me started. He took me every chance he could. I would go and spend the night with my cousins and uncle and we would go hunting that night. I remember my uncle showing up out of no where and getting me to go hunting. Then when I turned 15 he got me a dog the just did me in and his name was Ghost. Ghost and I spent alot of time together. The best years so far for me coonhunting is when my unlce had his dog Blue and my dog Ghost and we called them the "A Team". We had people from all over want to watch these dogs hunt and they were something to hunt with. When I would come home for Thanksgiving and Christmas break all I did was coon hunt, which was the like. So my Uncle Danny got me started 21 years ago and now I am waiting to get my 4 month old started whenever mom will let him go which will be a couple of years. Thanks Uncle Danny!!

Post subject: How I Got Hooked
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:48 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

since i was real young all me an my dad did was fish an squirrel hunt. i fell in love wit huntin right from the start. we used to hunt every thanksgiving and winter break i had. Now my dad used to coon hunt alot wit his dad an they stayed wit sum coon hounds but we jus never had hounds or went wit anybody(sports took up alot of my time) i went for the first time wen i was 15 wit a guy an fell in love. my dad used to coon hunt wit his dad. I started saving change in those water jugs to buy a dog. i saved up 200 wen i was 18 drove 2 hrs to stephenville, tx from a guy named tom cullpepper to buy a pup(didnt turn out good) out of a dog named tx lotto or cowboy nt sure(1 is out of the other) by myself in my church suite right after Easter service(thats why i had the suite on). I almost ran out of gas on the way back. i used to wana go every nite but culdnt cuz of skool ever since dat 1st time we came in at 3am. Im 20 now an still love it.bout to get a pup should be born already out of Extreme X(Xjr x insane jane) an Miss M(Big Kahuna an a rat female)............looking for anybody in north texas area i go to skool in Denton an would like to be able to hunt while im in skool an not have to drive bck an forth to dallas everytime

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:06 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Always ran rabbits like the devil since I was real young. One night dad went to pick up a free registered beagle and he came home with plott/walker cross. That was the first time dad had had a coonhound since he was about 18.

'PR' RIVERSIDES TREE ROCKIN REBA
'PR' RIVERSIDES HELL RAISING HOSS

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:54 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

bout 20 years ago me and my dad was on the river checking a few fish baskets down the river herd a a hound trackin i looked at my dad and asked can we go check it out we got to where we herd the hound was treed and i forgot all about fishing asked the man if it was ok if i finished out the night with him he said it was fine if it was ok with my dad i had a little hand held flashlight no boots i was cold wet muddy sleepy but i had the best time i had ever had the mans dogs running and treeing after that night i knew that i was a coonhunter and last coon season went to the old mans house that first took me hunting took my hounds and my four wheeler man was 78 years old and acted like he was 15 when i asked him to turn the dogs loose he said lets go had a great night he told me he had not been hunting in years and he said thanks two weeks he passed his wife called me a few days later and said that was all he talked about was the night we turned those hounds out so guys we r a breed of our own u eather love it or hate it so keep um treed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:40 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

used to go with my best friends dad got away from it for a few years got real sick last year while sitting in hospital decided that i want to start going again got a dog and forgot how much that i loved it wont stop hunting until im to old to walk or to deaf to hear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:43 pm 
IP:
well i have always been around the dogs .. cause my uncle always had two or three dogs.. but went out one night with him this year and love it as much as deer hunting ..now i am looking for a decent young walker dog.."cause if its black brown and white u know is hunting right"
gotta love them walkers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:19 pm 
IP:
messed up on my post been hunting since last year but my mom doesnt want me to get dog cause she dont wanna hear it bark but i told her to bad lol... i REALLY would like to find a young walker dog or english red tick...so i can keep up with my uncle lol.. so if ya got any thing in NY for sale let me know. might be interested.. just leave a post i am a youth hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:53 pm 
IP:
nice walker dog ya got there young_buck. is she a hard tree dog and kill dog?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:37 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i started hunting when i was 11 or 12!! of course coon hunting is in my blood my grandfather was always a big coon hunter and so was my great grandfather and so on coon hunting goes back along way on my family tree one of my ansestors actualy owned one of the first walker coon hounds in ky his dog was one of the first pups out of the original walker dog that was stolin out of tn!! my parents live rgiht beside the old house and farm were the walker coonhound originated!! its kinda a cool story and its the strate up truth!! but me my self i dont hunt walker dogs i own my own kennel of english hounds and thats all i hunt!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:30 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

buddy of mine asked me to go and seeing how i love any kind of hunting i went and within a few months i had my own dog and been going ever since

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next