CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:10 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

when i was a young pup my dad and his buddies would go out and i would bug them wanting to go he would tell me that i could not keep up then my grand paw got some land full of coons and the only why that my dad could hunt it was to take me along and i would out do my dad and his buddies and then was going all the time with them most of the time i beleve that i was the pack mule, :roll: but loved ever night of it, then times got tight and had to sell outafter my dad passed away :cry: run across his old mining lights and my son was asking what are these used for i told him coon hunting so he wanted to go,i told him i know some boys at work go every once in awhile and i will see if we could tag along,so we went and he fell in love with the sport and i just knew i had to get back into it so now a small fortune later love n every minute and is the best thing in the world for my son :D

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:50 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

been around it all my life, my dad gave me his favorite treein walker, thats all i hunt is walkers got 4 of em

If it aint white with dash o black,
send it back,
cause it aint worth crap

TREEIN WALKER POWER FOREVER(SMOKE ON WOOD)

YES THOSE AR MINE :D

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:54 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

there you are running youre mouth about walkers and how they are the best. i hope you come across a guy with some nice black and tans or redbines or anything other than walker and they just plum smoke youre dogs. maybe one day you wont be so freaking confident about youre OVERGROWN BEAGLES! cause that all they are. my bud had a walker that was scared of the dark, and a black and tan that would tree everytime he was cut loose, so tell me walkers are the best now.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:41 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

blackntan101 wrote:
when i was a young pup my dad and his buddies would go out and i would bug them wanting to go he would tell me that i could not keep up then my grand paw got some land full of coons and the only why that my dad could hunt it was to take me along and i would out do my dad and his buddies and then was going all the time with them most of the time i beleve that i was the pack mule, :roll: but loved ever night of it, then times got tight and had to sell outafter my dad passed away :cry: run across his old mining lights and my son was asking what are these used for i told him coon hunting so he wanted to go,i told him i know some boys at work go every once in awhile and i will see if we could tag along,so we went and he fell in love with the sport and i just knew i had to get back into it so now a small fortune later love n every minute and is the best thing in the world for my son :D

Its great that your are getting back into it because of your desire and for your son,
my only hope is that one of my two daughters will love it as much as I do and carry on with it.there is nothing better to me than being in the woods with family and friends following the hounds as they do their thing.Congrats on your new hunting partener,and the times you are going to have with your son

Cane Creek Kennels
Home of
Little River Stylish Jazmen
YU-GI-OH's Country Road Block

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:46 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

smokeonwoodwalkers11. my invite on a compitetion hunt between by black an tan and your big beagles is still open.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:12 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

My dad coon hunted ever since i was little. I am not sure the first time i went with him, but i do remember him carrying me on his shoulders to get me though stinging nettles. Been going ever since then.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:13 pm 
IP:
I started hunting about 12 years ago. My dad took me out when I was 15 because he had no one else to go with him (my brothers must have had school functions). I remember the dogs treed in a big, tall tree and if I remember right, there were at least 5 coon in the tree. He had only brought his pistol along because he didn't want to have to handle the 3 dogs, a .22, and coon. Well, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn that night, so he decided he would run home (about 3 miles away) and leave me at the tree with 1 dog tied to the tree and the other 2 running around. Scared the crap out of me! But I was hooked and have been ever since! It didn't take me long to have a dog of my own. I hunted all thru high school and part of college, but the dogs weren't getting ran as much, so we gave them away. I really missed coon hunting, so for my college graduation, I told my parents all I wanted were 2 coonhound pups. I got Jack & Dan and have turned them into some great hounds. I just got a redbone female pup, Belle, and bought my dad a bluetick male pup, Hunter (cause I felt bad that he didn't have a dog).

My dad always tells me he regrets taking me that night because I won't quit now. (But I know he loves that I love it.) And he also tells me instead of buying more dogs, I should buy a pig cause I can eat it. But were would the fun of that be? :)

Now I've got my 5 year old neice tagging along as much as she can, along with my 8 year old nephew.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:07 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Its a family thing for me, I am just continuing a tradition and an addiction that I enjoy, I just hope that one day my little black and tan will pass my uncles approval, he is a walker man from way back so there is always some good natured ribbing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:22 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I got into coon hunting to get some time away from a girl friend that wanted to be up under my butt 24/7. :twisted: It worked.... :shock: NUFF SAID :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:55 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

My uncle took me when I was 14...I've been hooked ever scents.....Best dogs I have ever seen so far.....And I'm 30 now....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:11 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

My daddy has been a hunter all his life. Started with coondogs and by the time I was born he'd moved on to bear dogs but he still coonhunted some of his plotts occasionally. I was and always will be daddys little girl so I started going with him every chance I got. He used to put me in a pack on his chest and carry me through the woods coonhuntin with him. Started bear hunting soon as I could keep up good enough. Couple years ago he got out of bear hunting, we had lost our old strike dog and his buddy got hooked up with some woman and wasn't allowed to hunt anymore. Dogs died out and he bought a boat to go deep sea fishing but thats not where my heart is. Right after I graduated highschool I found myself a big bluetick and brought him home. Been coonhuntin since. =] My dad makes fun of Jack but he loves that I'm draggin him out to the woods. He even said he wants to find himself a real dog now since Jack ain't much of a tree dog. Oh, my mother could kill me. haha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:51 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I got into it about 3 years ago or so. Well not really into but I wanted to from that point on. I must of been 18-19 and went Cat hunting with my buddy. He had been coon hunting for years (he was a year younger then me but his dad got him into it) and he had just gotten a dog that year named Kid Rock. This dog was suppose to be an awesome dog that was hunted on Cats before. Well we were driving all day looking for a good track. Saw some lion tracks (mom with 2 cubs) but couldnt really tell how old they were. Well a little while after that it started to snow on us, good big hard flakes that covered the ground quickly. We were getting close to our way out of there when I spotted a track on the road, we got out to check it, sure enough it was a big Tom bob kitty. My buddy, being his first cat he let go on, wasnt so sure he should let go. Well i finally convinced him and about 3-5 mins later the bobcat was up the tree and we could hear it from the road. Talk about a nice first cat huh! He weighed over 30LBS ta boot, big bobcat! Now here I am 22 and I got 3 hounds now, 2 from a shelter who run bobcats and coons and hoping to start them on cats this winter and a pup that has already started baying on live bears. Im hooked to say the lease!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:52 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I started about ten years ago. I bought a black and tan and one of my friends bought a red bone. We hunted almost every night treeing everything that would run up a tree. When I heard them dogs pull up and tree for the first time I was hooked. I continued to buy dogs and learned more and more about training, and plan on continue running raccoons through the woods till they put me in the ground.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:06 am 
IP:
my little brother coon hunted with his friends and they'd call me to come get my bull dog off the tree every time they went they were scared of him cause it was hard to get the coon away from him but eddie soon learned to train his new redbone pups with a bull dog wich every one thought was funny but eddie would just say come see him in the woods and this dog was better than any hound around our town so every body went hunting with him so i guess my first coon hound wasn't a hound at all it was a pit bull and he was a hell of a coon dog but he was aggressive on a coon his name was rufus and some body stole him i guess because the joke of the town was a treeng pit bull

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:25 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

A nieghbor got me started both in coonhunting and plotts when I was about 8 or 9 years old. And the rest is history! Love every minute of it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next