CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: training collar choices
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:57 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

1st my needs. I have a hard headed redbone & an abused foxhound rescue. I need to get them both to come on commands. the foxhound has an additional challenge. he must have been beaten by a man. if he's sleeping or close to the wife & is approached too quickly he goes into a full blown attack mode. afterwards he's all hang head & submissive. when not startled he comes to me, acts normal, begs for an ear or belly rub, sits on command, & acts pretty normal. I do not hunt these dogs. they are spoiled rotten by the wife & are strictly pets. so i'm looking for a training collar preferably with a tone, vibrate, & shock setting.
I've been searching & reading for days. the wife bought a 2 collar Aeterik AT 919 system consulting me. the collars do work sort of but EVERY SINGLE TIME they are charged the collar to remote settings have to be resynced. sometimes it takes multiple attempts to get them right. sometimes they just won't reset. I've been looking at DT & Tri-tronics. since garmin bought them i'm seeing some complaints about them. they still offer the trash breaker but if i'm reading correctly the trash breaker is a tracking collar as well & I do not need a tracker. any suggestions on a collar? any suggestions on dealing with the foxhound?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:26 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I know this is an older post but I don't get online much anymore. I have used DT systems collar for several years now and I have been very happy with them. I have the one mile range H2O series and the micro IDT 3 dog system. One thing that I like about the DT collar is at the batteries can be easily changed and they don't have to be sent in. If you have a tri Tronics collar it will cost you a hundred plus dollars to get a new battery, a DT collar cost $18 for the battery. I'm not saying that the tri-tronics Garmin isn't a good collar, I am just saying I have been very happy with DT.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:38 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I use a DT IDT-PLUS. Works great and features three modes.