It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:41 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Not sure if you all saw this one, but I thought it was
worth listing here:

http://www.gainesvilleregister.com/local/x1540196414/Jury-rules-for-landowner-in-dog-shooting-trial

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:41 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

that is down right stupid!!!! i have livestock but i aint just gonna shot at a dog cause its on my property. them people are down right wrong for shootin their dogs i would have done justice my self and beat the ##*%* outts somebody. And for that woman to say that she woke up to dogs growlin has to be a lie i aint ever had one of my dogs growl at anythang for no reason. i do not believe them dogs was endangerin livestock at all. i thank the judges need to reconsider that and thank for a min y would a coon dog be messin around with fish and unless you actually catch the dog killing somethin or chasin your livestock i dont thank you should touch them and their aint nobody knows where a coondog is gonna go they have a mind of their own!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:51 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The landowners are right, if your hunting in a area where your dogs could end up on someone elses property you should maybe inform them. assumeing that the landowners story was true and he did not know that they were hunting dogs, he had every right to defend his property and rightfully so. only the landowner knows the truth though, if he really did know what was going on and went out just to shoot some dogs then yes he deserves a ##*%* whoopin.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:04 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

yeah but seriously what coon dog is gonna try to kill somebodys fish. i would understand a duck but not a fish i dont thank their fish was in any danger...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:25 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

This shows how ignorant people are becoming.And the reason the dogs were near the pond was they were most likely getting a drink of water.Thats no reason to go and shoot two dogs.If someone was near my farm hunting and there dogs wandered on my property and was barking I wouldnt go out there shooting. I would just put a pillow over my head and roll over :D ...and im wondering how did that woman even hear the dogs supposably growling if she was asleep unless they just came up to the window.It sounds like they just wanted to cause someone a bad day.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:42 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

god aint that the truth... people these days!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:47 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

hate to say it but if anyone shot or done anything to harm one of my hounds i would make sure the person who done it would not be able to walk and the next time they see or hear anything dog realated they will remember the dog they harmed. people say a dog is not worth going to jail over but my hounds are like family to me i treat them as i like to be treated as a humanbeing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:00 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

My dogs are just as much of the family as my best friend and if someone was to ever hurt them they dang shore would be took care of. I mean theres times my dogs and my family eat better than i do. What those people done was wrong

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:36 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

They don't see hunting dogs as part of the family. In ny if you do anything to some one that uses more force then necessary to get away you are bring charged for defending yourself.why wouldn't this apply. a hunting dog is like a small child to a devote family.because the dog does nit know what is going on and doing what dogs do naturally that gives the land owner tge right to shoot them? A dogs natural instinct is to run game and explore the area for that game.coon may have been using that pond for a water source and tge dog smelt tge track to it.just my opinion

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine