CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:50 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

If they are taking away our freedom, is not that a failure of democracy? You are entitled to your beliefs and I respect that. But don't try to feed me the political correctness junk. Are we going to have to get a background check and register pressure cookers?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:56 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

You also have the right to free speech ...unless you use hate or slanderous comments. You also are protected from search and seizure unless a officer has probable cause like a suspicious smell. These are all rights like the second amendment but are restricted to provide a safer place for us to live. Here in TN you can only buy so much cold medicine to combat the production of Meth. You have to go to the pharmacy counter and fill out paperwork to get it and face jail time if you by more than they feel you need. So in TN its tougher to buy cold meds than a firearm. But noone fights for cold meds only firearms.....why???

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:55 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Maybe there should be a NCMA .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:06 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Ha...that's what we need exactly. Tylenol and mucinex lining the pockets of congressmen.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:10 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

the criminals arent buying legal guns anyway... the buy black market 9mm and .40 cal pistols for cash in dark alleys. New regulations will not affect the criminals_ it will only make it more difficult for law-abiding citizens to purchase guns and if the time ever came for the government to try to seize firearms it would make that process easier if they had a database with all the information on all guns bought and sold.
Here are great ideas to fight violent crimes... ARMED GUARDS IN EVERY SCHOOL. Get rid of many "gun free zones" like shopping centers that leave literally thousands of shoppers defenseless(2 or 3 armed guards in a large mall is not very effective).

AND GUNS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM! We just witnessed a bombing this week that was terrible. My thoughts and prayers have been with the people of Boston all week. I know that they had guns, and used the guns on law enforcement later, but the mass destruction was not done with guns... Violent people will be violent with whatever is available.
And when violent criminals are caught, lock 'em up and throw away the key!!! Many times, criminals are released and they go right back to ruining the lives of innocent people....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:48 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Here in the south we have the SRO or school resource officer and ha e had it for awhile. He is a school sponsored sheriffs deputy who is a known armed presence in schools down here. I have no problem with that its the arm the teachers comments I can't stand. Most gun crimes are commited on a domestic level. Friend killing friend or wife killing husband. These guns aren't bought in a dark alley. If a gun is sold to a criminal its people like you and me who sell them out of their trunks . That requires no oversight at all. No background checks or information at all. You mentioned the governmaent taking everyone's guns. I have heard that my entire life and have seen the E-mail that has been circulating for years now. About how England done gun control then it was France...then Canada..lol. truth is there already exists a database that tracks who owns guns. I don't think background checks on all gun sales is too much. I heard a joke this weekend that made sense. 90 percent of all Americans want extensive background checks. Even the people who can't pass one want it ...lol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:27 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Here in Missouri our governor is in hot water over the Mo dept of revenue turning over concealed carry permit info over to feds . Mo has a law making that illegal. The bureaucrats responsible are resigning to take the heat off the governor. I doubt if a majority of Missourians are for the feds having more gun info.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:33 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

They may not be. But expanding background checks seems to be a popular solution. Exempting family transfers of course.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:19 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

in my opinion, which only makes sense and has been proven time and time again. a background check no matter how extensive or complete has never ever, ever, stopped anyone from doing anything they have wanted too do with a firearm..crooks and criminals dont go too walmart and gun stores to buy and register a firearm to go use it too do harm. most thugs, buy one from there drug dealer that has been stolen.. the government needs to stay out of our rights completely. sad too say but some people shoot other people and some people get shot by people, its not right or fair but a causality of war.. the government will never ever make any law or laws that will stop the killings of other humans, so throw all the political crap aside and face the facts,the only way they will stop all the crimes and killings committed with firearms is too take them all away, anything other then that is them just choking us down little by little. crooks dont care about laws, clearly!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:32 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Even if u destroyed every gun in the country these people that go in places and shootem up and kill people will just kill more people with the bomb they make and blow the place up. 1 bomb will kill more than 20bullets. If ther really that concerned about people bein murdered they need to make the whole country dry another round of prohibition. Whats the diff in somebody gettin drunk and drivin and killin a family in a wreck. The vehicle is a wepon just like a gun. Ther may not be any malice but people die from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Make all the laws you want. When that crook breaks in during the night and you have no way. To defend yourself because you obey gun control make sure you tell that crook it's illegal for them to have that gun. I'm sure they'll hand it over nice and easy once you explain the law to them. Come on y'all crooks are crooks no law will ever change that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Ohub Campfire mobile app