CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:29 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

get you some pigs they will call you and ask when are you going to get some more barking dogs.they want ever call u or say anything try it.

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:08 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I live in the middle of a big city with my hound and other dogs in and out of my place all the time. My dog never barks, you don't hear a peep out of our house, even when we have six dogs over. Our neighbors have this little Jack Russell Terrier, she'll stay up barking non-stop, she'll bark all night long if they let her. Once she was still barking at 3:00 in the morning, I went over there knocked on their door to see if they'd take her in. No answer. I went back to my place and five minutes later the dog was inside. I don't care about dogs barking in the day, or most of the night even, but constant yapping gets on my nerves.

I really don't know what rights you'd have, around here you could just have it out with them, but then again, we're all jam packed in together and everyone has to get along or deal with it. :?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:44 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

id buy me a bunch of game chickens and billy goats and set em up right on the property line.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:48 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

my only neibors got beagles if they bark i hollar shut up if he doesnt and if mine bark he hollars shut up if i dont works out great.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:25 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

i keep my hounds at my cosuins in the country cuz neighbors bitches and called cops all time! i almost shot the 1 guy when he came over grabbed my girlfriend by the arm and told her to "shut those f*****g hounds up or ill shoot them all." you dont touch my girlfriend!!! thats a freakin no no. so he was arrested cuz my dads an detective but moral of story is ppl are not understanding and selfish and cruel to others!

Tanner's Get-R-Done Eagle (yote hound)
HHH Run The Beachs of Cheyenne (yote hound)
HHH Chubs Run Em' Down (yote hound)
HHH Checkers Did It Again (yote hound)
GVH Driver (retired mounted foxhunting hound)
Tanner's Wild Raf (yote hound)
Heather's Little Sammy (beagle)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:16 am 
IP:
ive got an 80 year old neigbor who use to call the animal control on us three times a day they took our dogs about 40 times we went to court about it and now animal control is not allowed on our property for 5 years the jugde said it was becoming harassment from the old geezer and the dog catcher old man had a poodle at the same time that would crap in our yard i found a furball after somone shot it about the time it took a squat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:05 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

In the state of Ohio a dog can bark for 45 mins non stop as long as it pauses and then can keep barking over 45 mins and you will get a fine. Around my house i will not tolerate barking at all. Bark collars country @$$ beatins what ever it takes they will get broke. People all the time let pups bark and get away with it cause there pups. They will learn at an early age not to they have to shows signs of a trainable dog at an early age right. The best thing to do with a pup if you don't wanna switch or use a bark collar yet is to road them for about 2 miles non stop they won't bark after that. If yet to small to road then just let them out and burn that edge off its good for the pup to rome. Barkin is from built up energy and boredom if not huntin or not huntin hard enough i road them takes the edge off and keeps them in shape. Also a pup can bark his mouth out, alot of them do and most of the time will not come back to the full volume it originally had. Mouths are very important and they just need to be used in the timber!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:32 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

These issues go both ways, I am willing to bet some of those neighboors have animals, and i be willing to wager some of them let their cats out. Id also be willing to bet that most of you have live traps. :P sweet revenge.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:55 pm 
IP:
LNewman wrote:
In the state of Ohio a dog can bark for 45 mins non stop as long as it pauses and then can keep barking over 45 mins and you will get a fine. Around my house i will not tolerate barking at all. Bark collars country @$$ beatins what ever it takes they will get broke. People all the time let pups bark and get away with it cause there pups. They will learn at an early age not to they have to shows signs of a trainable dog at an early age right. The best thing to do with a pup if you don't wanna switch or use a bark collar yet is to road them for about 2 miles non stop they won't bark after that. If yet to small to road then just let them out and burn that edge off its good for the pup to rome. Barkin is from built up energy and boredom if not huntin or not huntin hard enough i road them takes the edge off and keeps them in shape. Also a pup can bark his mouth out, alot of them do and most of the time will not come back to the full volume it originally had. Mouths are very important and they just need to be used in the timber!!!!

i totally agree ive scolded my dogs to the point i felt bad cause of barking but they have to learn somewhere

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:23 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Glad I'm out in the boonies. One neighbor to the right that are good friends, plus, has a non stop huge barking sheep dog and my neighbors to the left raise coon dogs :-) Thank heavens for finding this place!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:14 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i live out in the boonies and had a nieghbor come over running his chops about my hounds barkin and threatend to shoot em so i moved the pens closer to his house and he came over again runnin his mouth again this time his cat came up missing. he came over again and that time i knocked his teeth down his throat. we repeated this a couple more times and now he stays on his property and keeps his trap shut:)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:15 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

redtick38 wrote:
get you some pigs they will call you and ask when are you going to get some more barking dogs.they want ever call u or say anything try it.

That's what i'm thinkin'. Thought about it years ago but i haven't had any complaints as my dogs have always been quiet. Some houses out here but not many. I smoke on my porch at wee hours and i often hear as many as maybe 5 dogs down the way (at different houses) going nuts and one of them is a hound with nice voice. all this time my 6mo. red pup never makes a sound and won't bark at me if it's late and i go out around his pen. I think if neighbors are nice folk they should work with you and solve the problem but if those city folks think they are going to move here and not hear dogs, they might find they have worse problems to worry about.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:25 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I know where you fellas are coming from I moved from growing up in a town to the country I came out here to live among the people not change their way of life but since I have lived here big changes people move here from the city to get away from it all then complain I have heard it all tractors to loud cattle bawling when you take their calves away the odour of frsh manure being spread on fields my daughter calls this a sure smell of spring But our main problem is we have here a municipal gouverment just regular people trying to be politicians these complainers complain to our councils instead of the councilors telling them to get the hell out and out of the township they listen to these idiots one of our biggest things in a comunity close to us people build a house beside a railway track and complain because the train goes by this is the reason my wife and I spend our time with our animals they don't complain :!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:54 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Well, i've already decided. Neighbors get to contrary i'll hit a few shelters and rescue some hounds; the kind that run anything, and turn them out with no collars. When neighbor complains, i'll say, "They ain't mine!" Every time they shoot one, i'll get 2 more and put out feed for them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:11 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

daniel cain wrote:
i live out in the boonies and had a nieghbor come over running his chops about my hounds barkin and threatend to shoot em so i moved the pens closer to his house and he came over again runnin his mouth again this time his cat came up missing. he came over again and that time i knocked his teeth down his throat. we repeated this a couple more times and now he stays on his property and keeps his trap shut:)

LMOA great story! I laughed at this one harder than any others! I feel everyones frustration. I used to have a nieghbor like that but it was a women so i couldnt knock her teeth out. So i just "gave her the single finger wave" eveytime we came across each other.