CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:29 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

This post is why so many non-believers will go to HELL with their eyes wide shut because folks want to get in a public place and debate such things as this. I believe the bible says something about being a stumbling block. That is all this post is a stumbling block. These debates should be carried out in a private setting where there is no chance that a non believer could stumble upon it because most are going to say and already do that all you Christians do is fight amongst yourselves and I want no part of that. And that person just decided to take a one way trip into hell.
I know religious fighting has gone on for centuries but we should take a stand to STOP this.

Please everyone that has posted on here repent and turn from this fight. Do what we have been called to do compel them to come in not drive them out with fighting.

Make public the great news that Jesus the Savior has concurred death hell and the grave that we may all live again in that glorious city with our GOD and if you trust in Jesus you will not suffer the flames of hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is what we should be shouting about not which version I should read.

Tell someone you don’t know that hell draws neigh and the only way out is to put your trust in the Lord and be born again. Not that you fight over which version to read.

And by all means read the bible KJV only!

PR VESTAL'S NITRO JACK (Gone But Not Forgotten)
MY SON MY PRIDE AND JOY!!!!

Last edited by squarecompass2002 on Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:58 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

KJV only !! Anything else isnt God's word..

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: post sdubject
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:15 pm 
IP:
BTT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:34 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I may be wrong, and that's fine if I am, but I believe that the bible that YOU own is only as good as YOUR faith. Because if you aren't plugged in to Jesus you ain't gonna understand it anyway. The lost don't understand it, unless the Spirit is dealing with them. And as we all know that is Jesus calling them into salvation. I personally use a Nelson's Study Bible NKJV and find it very helpful. But what I think people fail to realize is no matter wich one you read, they are all penned down by man. It's God that does the talkin if we're listening. That's just my opinion. I hope this dosen't offend anybody. If so, please forgive me. God Bless. (Jamie)James Ramey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:05 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

KJV IS THE ONLY BIBLE THERE IS nothing else is the TRUE word of GOD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:35 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

fatherof4 wrote:
I may be wrong, and that's fine if I am, but I believe that the bible that YOU own is only as good as YOUR faith. Because if you aren't plugged in to Jesus you ain't gonna understand it anyway. The lost don't understand it, unless the Spirit is dealing with them. And as we all know that is Jesus calling them into salvation. I personally use a Nelson's Study Bible NKJV and find it very helpful. But what I think people fail to realize is no matter wich one you read, they are all penned down by man. It's God that does the talkin if we're listening. That's just my opinion. I hope this dosen't offend anybody. If so, please forgive me. God Bless. (Jamie)James Ramey.

True Fo4, but when someone new in Christ reads from the NIV or other perverted versions that remove the Deity of Christ, entire verses and words they can be confused terribly.
After reading Final Authority by William P. grady I am 110% conviced that the KJV is the only inspired, complete, and inerrant word of God we have today.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:47 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Hey Hog, how you been?

In regaurds to the KJV beeing the only "right" Bible, I don't know if I entirely agree with that. I can't really argue it but I just really believe that if we trust in the Lord and ask for understanding before and while we read His word then He is just to give us that understanding. We may not recieve a full understanding but He will give us what we need when we need it. Understanding that is.

I have a KJV that was given to me by my parents long ago and when or if I feel a need to compare it with my NKJV I can and yes sometimes because of the wording I may get a little different understanding. However, and please understand that I am just as guilty as anybody else on this but I believe that the confusion that you spoke of on behalf on new converts is really our fault. Because "we" meaning Christians are often found not following up on those new converts. Just as Paul continuosly followed up on the new Churches and constantly writing them and instructing and incouraging and lifting them up and correcting them, we should do the same. Now this doesn't apply to everyone but you know what I am talking about and so does everybody else. Though we may not admit it as often as we should but for the most part we can probably be found guilty on this and I feel like it is us who are to blame in cituations like that. We need to be found following up on them in thier new walk instead of just adding them to our Church rosters.

Now PLEASE understand that I am not trying to step on toes or offend anybody but I believe that if the truth be told when it comes to matters such as these it is us who are to blame. I mean you teach your kids just as I do and are always assuring them that if they have any questions to just ask. And so I feel that we need to be doing the same to our new brothers and sisters in Christ. Being careful not to push ourselves on them but just constantly reminding them that we are here for them and checking on them. Because Old Twinkle Toes is going after them tooth and nail to discouarge them in ANY WAY HE CAN !!

Jamie Ramey.

Post subject: Bible
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:48 pm 
IP:
Yea, just wanted to add my thoughts on this subject! While I enjoy the KJV very much, I use many, many other Translations as well! Here, let me explain:

the KJV was written in 1610, I believe, it was the version of that time period. People who read it spoke in that vanacular. They understood it very well. That was the common speech of the time.

the Old Testament was written in Hebrew, for the most part. And the New Testament was written in Greek, initially. There are many words that can't be translated into english. Some greek words, for instance, can't be spoken in the english language! There's no english word for the Greek. The best way to translate that word is through a picture!

Another example: In the english language, we say love, like "I love my wife and children." Then we say " I love ice cream" but surley we don't love ice cream in the same capacity that we love our family! Point being is that the Greek vanacular is so much more exact than our english language! there are three dif. Greek words for love. In our English language there's only one!

So we as Christians, can use these dif. versions of the bible to our benefit. Don't just read one version only! use many dif. versions and it will give that paticular scripture more depth, in other words, it will amplify that verse. Sure you can have one version you read from all the time, and that's just fine. I really like the NKJV. I read it 95% of the time but I also use other versions of the bible, especially if I'm preaching, too help the people better understand whats being said.

But, we must also live from our conscience. So if your conscience doesn't allow you the freedom to read other Trans. then by all means listen to your conscience! That's the Spirit of God speaking to your spirit! He's a personal God, and He's got a specific plan for each individual believer!

Hope this helps some.

Love and God bless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:24 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Funny how people claim the KJV to be too hard to read, yet our early schools used it to teach children to read.

Show me a church and congregation that accepts the NIV and I will show you a church that accepts other unbiblical views and beliefs as well.

If you have no porblem reading a version of the Bile that removes the deity of Christ, entire chapters and verses, and had proven, admittant sodomites on the translation commitee , then by all means, read the NIV.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: Re: To Scott Young
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:23 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thanks T-man21! I am thankful to see someone settled on the TRUE Word of God!
~Preacher

Post subject: Re: Bible versions
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:42 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

powerhound wrote:
Hey everybody, I just wanted to see what bible translation is most read from you all. I am a Baptist pastor and am just curious to see what version many of you read. Just a note I'm not a King James only advocate but I do use it quite often because I am most familiar with it.
God Bless!

Good Morning my Christian Brother. Matt ; ch 7 v 7 8
I have alot of them but thats my favorite.
Be Blessed Rusty