CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:07 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

This is a Guaranteed Parvo Kit "That Works" !!!!

We Just went thru Our 2nd Parvo Exposure in 2 years .. The First was a Lost Bear Hound I picked-up and Returned to Some Hunter about 4 miles away.. We had Parvo in 8 pups and Treated all of them and didn't Loose Any..

The Second was 3 weeks ago.. We had one of our 5 year old Dams Spay at a local "Spay Neuter" Clinic .. This is were we had Exposure to Parvo.. She was Exposed at one of 2 Areas their, It was ether By the Retaining Straps Used during the Operation or the Recovery Pens they Have.. This Female was Totally Up on her Shots !!!!! 5 Days after her Operation She went thru a Flu Like Episode for almost 24 hours .. She Started Vomiting at First and Was very Tired then Diarrhea.. 4 Days latter another 16 Month old Went thru the Same Thing.. At the Time We Did not Associate this "Flu" with Parvo .

3 Days later the First of 6 pups Started with Parvo Scours and Vomiting.. I had 14 pups here at the Start and Pups from 3 different Litters.. The Oldest Litter being 16 weeks old and the youngest at 13 weeks old .. The Youngest litter had No Shots at all and 4 out of 5 pups contracted Parvo..
The Next Litter at almost 14 Weeks old which we have 4 Pups From Had No Shots At All and None Contracted Parvo..
The Oldest Litter at 16 weeks old which we have 4 pups Remaining and had 3 Series of Puppy Shots 1-5 way and 2-7way , 2 out of the 4 Contracted Parvo..
The Last Pup to get it was My French Pup from Col. which had 2 sets of Vaccine From a Vet. and is 13 weeks old ..

Now All Pups were Housed together Until I noticed "Parvo Smelling Scours" and Found out Which One Had it .. Then That Pup was removed and Place in one of our unused Bathrooms and I began Treatment with Meds. I also Treated all the Pups with "Spectam Scour Hault"

6hr latter the next and the next Pups started with Full Blown Parvo and were place altogether in the Bathroom .. Note the Bathroom was the Easiest area to Clean and Disinfect with Bleach.

Treatment : At First Signs of Vomiting and Scours

In a syringe ( No Needle ) Draw .75 Ml/CC of the "A-Lite Concentrate"
Then Draw 2 Ml/CC of the "Neomycin Oral Solution"
Then Draw 2.5 Ml/CC of the "Spectam Scour Halt"
All Combined in the Same syringe..

Now If Vomiting Occurs after Administration of the Above Dosage You will Have to Contact your Veterinarian "THIS STOPS ALL VOMITING" Now this is Very Important !!!!! At the Bottom of this Page a Link to the "CERENA" Injectable Med. Please Print out the Information about "Cerena" and Have your Vet. Order a Bottle to have on hand .. This Med will mean the difference of your Pups Living or Dieing !!!!!!! Only 1 in 5 Vets even know about this Drug ..

Cerena is Used for Motion Sickness in K9s and it Works and will STOPS ALL VOMITING for 12 to 16 hours after administration, this gives you a Huge Window to get the above mentioned Med thru their System.

The Next Step is to Administer (Depending on the Weight of your Pup) about 120 ml of Lactated Ringers INJ. USP subcont. I usualy place 60 ml on each side of the pup . Place your IV needle about 1-1/2" down from the Spine along the Rid Cage just under the Skin... You may have to adjust the needle around under the Skin to get a good flow of Fluid.. Set your flow to Admin. the 60 ml over about 10 mins time.. Once every 12 Hours

You may only need to Treat the Pup-s with 2 Doses of the Above Meds .. Do Not Try to Feed the Pups !!!!! It can Wait and may do more harm than Good !!

The Ringers will keep the Pups going for 12 hours per dosage.

After 24 to 30 hours of treatment and the Pup began Water (Only) intake you will need to "Re-Boot" their Digestive System..

Which may require you to Force Feed Yogart (Plan with Active Cultures) thru a large syringe ( I use a 30 ml ) about 10 to 15 Ml of yogart then wait and Watch for about 1 hour, if that stays down then repeat again and Wait... The Tough Part is getting them to take that first Feeding on their own .. I use "Hill's Prescription Diet" I/D Canine.. The Feed is very Mild but is still Pack full of needed Cal./Vitimins and is Very Digestable..

If you have any Questions or Need Help Please Call ANYTIME

Steve Morrow
540-896-3579

The Cost to Have all you need on Hand is About $60 and Avb. online and from your Vet ( Required "Cerena" Shot )

Lactated Ringers INJ. USP

http://www.atlanticmedsupply.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=243&cat=IV+Solutions

IV Drip Line

http://www.atlanticmedsupply.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=241&cat=Administration+Sets

"Cerenia Injectable"

http://www.lambertvetsupply.com/Cerenia-Rx-Injectable-20-ml--pr--012PFZ8178

DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
Administer CERENIA Injectable Solution subcutaneously at 1.0 mg/kg (0.45 mg/lb) equal to 1.0 mL/10 kg (1.0 mL/22 lb) of body weight once daily for up to 5 consecutive days.
CERENIA Injectable Solution is recommended for use in dogs 16 weeks and older.

Dog body weight Dose Volume (mL) Pounds
LBs---------------Dose
2.2-----------------0.10
2.3 - 4.4-----------0.20
4.5 - 6.6-----------0.30
6.7 - 8.8-----------0.40
8.9 - 11.01--------0.50
11.1 - 16.5--------0.75
16.6 - 22.0--------1.00
22.1 - 33.0--------1.50
33.1 - 44.0--------2.00
44.1 - 66.0--------3.00
66.1 - 88.0--------4.00

CERENIA Injectable Solution may be used interchangeably with CERENIA Tablets for once daily dosing for the prevention of acute vomiting.

Come see the Majestic's at http://home.mindspring.com/~stevemorrow/index.html Or Salt Lick Kennels at http://home.earthlink.net/~landjmorrow/saltlickkennels/

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:49 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Just to keep some folks from "experimenting" with needles on sick puppies I'll add.. A 10 drip IV line works best for giving fluids subcutaneous(under skin).A 60 drip works,but takes longer.
Depending on circumstances,I'd go with an 18 gauge needle.
A pups going to be squirming around,and anything much smaller and you'll be waiting forever giving them their fluids.

Saint and Ticket

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:07 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

hickish wrote:
Just to keep some folks from "experimenting" with needles on sick puppies I'll add.. A 10 drip IV line works best for giving fluids subcutaneous(under skin).A 60 drip works,but takes longer.
Depending on circumstances,I'd go with an 18 gauge needle.
A pups going to be squirming around,and anything much smaller and you'll be waiting forever giving them their fluids.

The Problum witha 18 ga on Dehydraded Skin is when you remove the 18 ga quite abit of fluid will come back out of the needle hole Even after holding Pressure at the Needle Site.. Usualy soon after you start the IV the Pups just give in and lay very still Unlesst the Fluids are give too quickly which seems to give them some Pain as the Skin is seperated from the Membrain..

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:24 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Thats the mention of depending on circumstance coming into play.
Ive seen alot of cats take an 18 without climbing like a grey squirrel on your face.
If they catch it soon enough,because its obvious.
Should be hydrated enough to take it ok.
Anything much smaller,in the scenerio of..folks will get tired of waiting,leavin the pup short on fluids it needs.
But a harpoon isnt necessary either.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:49 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Heck I used a 16 Ga. to pierce the Wifes Belly Button !!!! LOL

Now that was a Big One but it cut a nice Whole !!

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:10 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

The needles used to microchip arent something Id want to be stabbed with.