CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Coon Crazy
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:32 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

After treeing, shooting, and fighting a big coon I was done for the night and heading home when a big old boar coon ran across right in front of me out on open beanfields. I dumped my pack (with the gun) and cut loose Blaze, he caught the coon in about 75 yards and the battle was on. Just as I ran up the coon leaped onto my dog and bit him hard enough make to Blaze holler real loud and I kicked the coon off of him. Blaze was ticked off and throwin down hard and I pulled out the only weapon I had on me, a SOG GovTac knife. We all went round and round and everything was a blur, the first time I cut the coon all hell broke loose. Everything was so fast all I remember is the dog getting bit three times, the coon charging at me going between my legs twice and grabbing a hold of my leg once... I was able to check my swing with the knife, barely.. and pulled my groin muscle trying to get the critter off of my leg, Blaze bit into him and got him off. I got a couple more licks in with the knife and Blaze did the rest. I was really proud of how much fight my young dog has in him, he never tucked tail and or ran. I believe my dog is now coon crazy! :)

Join the forum today and remove this ad!