CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:57 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

think this story will top you all. My partner and I had an old walker treein machine. We got permission to hunt a nice farm down on the outskirts of town.We headed there the first chance we got. We dropped the tailgate and "old Fred" hit the ground running. He hit a track and belined right for the neighboring house about 200 yards away, a beautiful old victorian house. I followed fairly close behind. Now Fred was a full broke coon hound by all accounts and did not run trash, but as I followed him and got closer to the old home I thought oh no a cat. Suddenly his voice got very muffled and I heard a earth shattering scream. I put it in high gear and made it to the porch not knowing what I would find. Well I was never so surprized in my life. There as I approched the beautiful home I saw a medium size pet door in the main door of the house, and 3/4 of a coonhound sticking out of it. I heard more screaming. I grabbed Fred and pulled him out still foaming at the mouth. the door flew open and out steps a lady in a bath robe and a kid about 13 laughing his butt off. I tied Fred fast and went back to talk to the shaken women. I was preparing for the 3rd degree when the women also began to laugh. Here the kid had a pet coon that got out of his pen in the yard and wondered off and old fred chased him home. The reason the lady was laughing was that her Grandfather was a big coon hunter and she would go with him from time to time. She said she missed it sometimes and wished her "Pappy"was still alive to take her out. She kinda got a little teary eyed and then laughed again and said they never treed one in a house. We all laughed and even though Fred passed away 2 summers ago we still stop to see her and the boy. The best part of the story is that because of that night the boy got his own coon dog and now hunts with us now and then Mom has tagged along as well. So see never say you've seen it all because you haven't.....LOL...

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:03 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

:lol: :lol: Oh my.. :lol: :lol: That was an awesome story!!! I loved it!! You should send that one in to John Wicks!!! Its wonderful!!! :wink:

Post subject: One Crazy Night
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:31 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thank you Susie...We went on to tree 3 coon that night and laughed the whole time. I still chuckle every time I think of that crazy old walker and some of the stuff he got us into. I miss him never had another dog like him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:37 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Your welcome bud!! Isnt it funny how certain hounds stay in our minds.. I remember an Old Bluetick female that my Dad had.. she was awesome.. always doing something!!! I got my ole Dan hound.. his birthday is 2-12.. he will be 14 years old this year!!! I have been very fortunate to have a hound like him.. I just love to hear or read stories about other people hounds!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:54 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Don't you wish they could live and hunt with you your whole life? I find I judge dogs compared to him sometimes and I know that is wrong. I am working a young redtick right now and i am so frustrated with him because he does great on a released coon but wont tree a natural trial. Fred on the other hand would run across a telephone wire if thats where the coon went...LOL. My buddy told me to get this pup and I am usually a walker man. the dog Has great potential , but I know deep in my heart that I am still comparing to Fred.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:25 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Oh ya.. I wish those hounds could live as long as us!! Those ones that touch our hearts and make long lasting memories live way too short of lives!! I try to make each of my hounds individuals.. but i try to make them all Ole Dan too!!! I think its just cuz we wish them to be the best that we have had or have!! I know its wrong.. but i do it too!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:00 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Thank you for sharing that great story. I agree, you should send it in to Wick. Good luck with the redtick. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:26 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thank you all..... How would I go about sending this story in? I am new to this although I have heard of John I don't know how to contact him. I'm glad you all enjoyed the story. I got plenty more from that old dog. Made some good friends and some great memories out there in the woods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:25 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Here's a link to the post by his secretary, Lisa, asking for stories.
http://www.coondawgs.com/forum/viewtopi ... ght=#54109
It gives you all the contact information you'll need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:40 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thanks, I will look into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:15 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

thats a good one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:11 pm 
IP:
roflmao :lol: :lol: :lol: that is a good one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:19 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

lolololololol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:52 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

That sure is something..........I have heard of people taking baby coons before their eyes come open and training them to run up and stay in tree's to train their own dogs. Dont know if I'd ever do that......Great that you could keep a old tradition of coon hunting going with the boy and his maw. ! Good Job :) :o :D