CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:52 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Well me and two of my buddies decided to go huntin on some WMA land tonight and unbeknownst to us you arent supposed to hunt on nights preceding deer hunting days. Anyways we were 200 yards in the woods, walking to my treed dog when a car pulled up on the side of the road and started shining down in the woods. We killed our lights and i hollered to the man. He said he was the game warden and that we were hunting illegally and to go get our dog and meet him on the road. There are some shady characters around this area so i didnt want to walk into a gun fight with a pot farmer. Well i got my dog and decided it would be best to make sure he was trustable before i went out. I hollered back at the man and told him my name and address, then i requested his name. He said that it didnt matter what his name was. That pissed me off pretty good so i kept hollering back at him to "tell me his name". I also used a few choice words. He eventually just shut up and wouldnt even turn on his light for us to come too. I went into tatical mode and made my friends sit down against trees and we called a friend to come check out the situation. About an hour later, after we got an "all clear" on the situation, we came on out. I walked up to the man and he said "dont you know you arent supposed to be huntin". I replied that i didnt but I told him my name and asked his one more time. He said "that isnt relevant and are you the boy that was cussing at me?" I said "of course i am and things are about to get a whole lot worse if you dont tell me your name". He said he was a preacher and didnt appreciate me talking like that. I said "im sorry about that preacher but you need to understand the circumstances." Anyways he was a coon hunter and i actually knew some men he hunted with.
The funny part was when we were leaving my friend said "you cant be a preacher and a coon hunter bc all coon hunters are liars." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:00 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Ok, confused! So was he actually a Game warden or was he just a coon hunter that didn't want you hunting there?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:01 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

No he was jus an old coon hunter who was trying to get us out of the woods so we wouldnt get in trouble. He was messing with us when he said he was the game warden.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:48 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I had this happen. A neighbor pulled up and yelled out he was the game warden so he could see who we were he didn't know we had permission to hunt his dads land. People who yell out and say its a game warden when its not might run into someone who doesn't take it very well and get hurt.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:55 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

would the warden really call out your name like that or would they walk out to you to make sure you didnt run?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:38 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Sounds like someone impersonating a law enforcement. ......felony

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:39 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Sounds like someone impersonating a law enforcement. ......felony