CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:13 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

At the time I lived in Mississippi and I had 2 dogs. Not your typical hog dogs though. One dog was half dalmatian/half black lab and the other was 3/4 chow 1/4 German Shepherd. Well I was about 8 and me and my cousin were up in a tree that we always hung out in. Then we noticed the dogs were fired up about something in our field. So we climbed down and looked, but didn't see anything. So we turned them both loose and we took out after them. When we got to the far end of the field they had a hog pinned against some brush and they were just goin at it. That hog would start after one dog and the other one would nip it from behind. Well we started hoppin and hollerin and my dad came out there. Well we ended up having to call the dogs of cause it was a ferral hog and the owner came looking for it. I wish I still had that dal mix he could have made a damn good hog dog.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/dis ... id=5951860 <not my dog but looks like him.

Curs Rule

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=33dv1i1&s=7

Last edited by crowdogtb on Mon May 01, 2006 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Hog huntin
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:06 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

crowdogtb !! you had better watch it, that stuff will get in your veins ! and next thing you know, you will have cur dog, hound dogs and pits every where. hog hunting is powerful medicine . :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:26 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

No I am thinking about taking up hog hunting. If I do though I will get a few dalmatian/black lab mixes. They are fast and cunning. I already have a cur, but he is for coon hunting. I can't have a pit cause my mom wont let me. Her sister was attacked my a pit when they were kids so she is afraid to own one now. My ex's parents breed pits though and they have tried to give me one before. Infact they tried to give me one when my dal died.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:04 am 
IP:
If you can't get a pit, have you ever thought about an American Bulldog. I've heard they do pretty good on hog. They can't lock their jaws but they say that they have enough jaw strength break their own jaws.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:59 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

If your mom will not allow a pit she will not allow an American Bulldog. They look too much like all the dogs that are lumped together as "pits" by the uneducated, pitbull-fearing media.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:54 pm 
IP:
Yea, I know what you mean. My folks are the same way. I think any dog has the potential to be a "bad dog", but the pit is just a little bit better at it when raised to be a "bad dog". But, if you raise the dog correctly and don't make a people hating dog out of it, I think there is no difference as to whether it is a pit bull, A. Bulldog or a 3 legged heinze 57. However, I guess you have to respect your mothers wishes whether it is justified or not since it is here property. I went down the same road. My wife had to give up her two beutiful pits when we moved into our trailer years ago. They were good dogs and never once showed aggression towards any people or animals. But, my folks let me move that trailer on their place and never once charged me rent ,so I really didn't have a leg to stand on. But there will come a time when you get your own place and pay your own bills and you can have all the pits you want. I hope it works out for you. Also, do you have any buddys that can keep the dogs for you. I imagine not or you you wouldn't have even posted your message. Just an idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:57 pm 
IP:
there is good and bad in every dog. SOME breeds tend to have more problems than others! there are very good pit breeders out there but it is very very hard to find a good one! if you do get one do alot of research on the breeder you choose FIRST!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:12 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

my uncles have some chows that were real good at finding deer that we shot and could not find they do good but they are ill tempered dogs

PR Miller's Mountain Moonshiner (Moon)
Give It All You Got With Plotts.
John Miller