CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:49 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

it seems like its geting harder and harder to find places to coonhunt were do yal see the sport 20yrs from now is it a dieing sport

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:43 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

8)I :D
No it will always be around to some extent just not as much in some places as long as there are coon dogs there will be coon hunters just like anything else you get :? addicted to

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:17 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Getting harder to find huntn ground around here, alot of leased for deer hunting and they still can't understand coon dogs and deer or is it deer habits they don't understand??

Cold nosed,go hunting,accurate,determined hounds with brains, is our goal
PKC CH County Line Sod Buster-( Big'n x Bev) Brains & accurate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:26 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Our deer hunters are starting to come around, they legalized baiting this year and the deer hunters are starting to get tired of getting pictures of nothing but coons at their feeders. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:06 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

10-4 on the feeder coons :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:05 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Theres new coonhunters here all the time and a lot of places to hunt if you can drive

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:57 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Im 34 and just got my first hound. It seems to me that theres more coon hunters and resorces for coon hunting in my area than ive ever seen or noticed in past years. I guess it could be that im just paying coon hunting more attention lately. In any case coon hunting seems to be going strong in NE Oklahoma.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:28 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Big'n wrote:
Getting harder to find huntn ground around here, alot of leased for deer hunting and they still can't understand coon dogs and deer or is it deer habits they don't understand??

It is getting hard to find hunting ground around here that the deer hunters don't already have. I've asked if I could run the dogs on their land and they said they don't want me to mess up the deer hunting. It ticks me off 'cause the deer hunting isn't going to be ruined. I've watched deer just lay there on my way to the dog treed and they won't even get up so how am I messing up the deer hunting? Deer don't even pay much attention to the dogs. But to answer the question there will always be coon hunting just not like it was. But who knows maybe it will become a sport everyone does in 20yrs and people will be different about their land.

Head-N-The-Wind Kennels

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:39 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Grasseaters where are you from?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:16 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

There place to hunt here in northwest Ohio but the deer hunter have made it hard here because they don't respect the land owner so the farmer our land has has a bad taste in there mouth for all hunters

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:02 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Itllbe around in my house till I die 2yrs or 60yrs.

Deer leasing is hot all acroos U.S I'm in on some myself some people think its a big deal to kill a big buck in kansas. I don't care anymore about it. But needless to say I still have lots and lots of land to hunt. 60k+ mile after mile creek and river. I know I'm blessed in thankful for it.

I help several farmers anytime they need me in don't charge a dime some don't give me drop out permission but its no big deal if I get over. Its little things you do for your neighbors that help out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:06 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

coon hunting for the younger generations is going to be slim to none if the prices of these dogs keep going up in price,

and not being able to go to nite hunts with a grade dog because thats all they can afford

im big on youth hunters getting in to sports because we all started some where to,
and i sell my litters of pups for what i have in them or give them to youth hunters and take a lose. would rather have a youth hunter injoy the sport rather than making a fortune of a pup

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:34 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

grghunter4 wrote:
coon hunting for the younger generations is going to be slim to none if the prices of these dogs keep going up in price,

and not being able to go to nite hunts with a grade dog because thats all they can afford

im big on youth hunters getting in to sports because we all started some where to,
and i sell my litters of pups for what i have in them or give them to youth hunters and take a lose. would rather have a youth hunter injoy the sport rather than making a fortune of a pup

I agree with u. I'm a youth hunter and I finally got enough money to buy what I think is one heck of a dog. Cost me $1200 and I like him. Some kids like myself don't have parents that enjoy it like their kid. I do all my hunting with my grandpa or by my self. My grandpa doesn't have the money to get me a dog so my parents helped me out. They think its ridiculous to spend that kind of money on dogs but of course they don't anything about them lol. So they helped but not every kids parents will because they just don't have the money. So yea it is hard for a youth hunter to get a dog and hunt unless their parent already has one or something they can hunt. It took me a long time to save enough money for mine but I finally got him. I'm glad that u try and help the younger generations grghunter4 and thank u.

Head-N-The-Wind Kennels

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:24 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

bawl_mouth wrote:
Grasseaters where are you from?

Miami Oklahoma.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:40 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

All the coonhounds i have costed me around $1500 in all there some real good dogs but it seems the coons are getting thinner and a lot smarter. But i still have one heck of a time treeing them even thoough they leave the country sometimes.