CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:35 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I just noticed the link to this article on the NRA's website today. Its a proposed bill regarding the tethering of dogs. I thought some of you California hunters might like to know about it (if you didn't already know).

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/08/08/TETHERING.TMP

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:01 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Thanks MMeeker for posting that. We were down at the Capitol all day last Wednesday.

We really need the help of every hunter/dog owner out there to submit an Email or a phone call to the Assembly Members on the page that I just posted here, under a different topic.

We're ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!! Whether you live here in CA or not. If they can get something passed in a big state such as CA, then it moves on down the road to the smaller ones.

WE NEED EVERYONE TO BE TOGETHER!! To STOP these stupid ANTI DOG ANTI HUNTER BILLS NATIONWIDE!!!

I'll post it here as well, in case someone doesn't see it.

Take care
Irv Corbin

URGENT EMAILINGS AND CALLS NEEDED
TO ALL CHC MEMBERS!! AS WELL AS EVERY DOG OWNER!!

As you may or may not be aware of, there's a bill that's going to be heard on the FULL Assembly Floor tomorrow Monday, August 14th regarding Tethering your Dogs.
It's called SB1578.
We've been opposing this bill all along, with our latest opposition being last Wednesday, August 9th in Sacramento.

THE TIME IS HERE FOR YOU TO CONTACT YOUR ASSEMBLYPERSON and let them know that you're OPPOSED TO THIS BAD BILL!!

Below is a contact page for the State Assembly. Also included is the contact page for the State Senate, for this is where the bill originated. If it passes from the Assembly Floor, it will then go back to the Senate, for one last vote before going to the Governors desk for passage. You may also click on the left side of the page to find your respective legislators.

PLEASE DON'T WAIT FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO MAKE THE CALLS AND TO DO THE EMAILING. It's VERY CRITICAL that each one of us do this right now!!

http://www.assembly.ca.gov/
http://www.sen.ca.gov/

There are some KEY Democrats in the Assembly that should get IMMEDIATE ATTENTION, as these may, and could turn some votes in our direction. They are as follows;
Arambula
Baca
Canciamilla
Cohn (Although a Democrat, she's on our side on a lot of issues)
Jerome Horton
Matthews
Parra (Again, another Democrat who's on our side on this bill)
Negrett-Mcleod
Salinas
Umberg
Wolk

LET'S GET THIS BAD BILL DEFEATED!! Together WE CAN DO IT

I just found out that we may have until Thursday Aug 17th before this bill (SB1578) will be heard on the Full Assembly Floor.
This gives us ALL a little more time to get those fingers working on the emails, and calling the repsective offices I listed on my previous mailing. As well as your own Assemblyperson in your respective area.

Let's Get R Done Folks!!

Respectfully Yours,
Irv Corbin

North Central CA Houndsmen's Assn.
California Houndsmen For Conservation