CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: SAVE OAKY WOODS
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:14 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Here where I live, one of our WMA's was sold. A timber company was leasing the land to the state. The people that bought the land paid about 1500 per acre. The state did not buy the land :evil: but they should have. The people that bought the land have continued to lease the land to the state for use as a WMA. Recently, the people that bought the land have begun to spread rumours that they would like to develop the 20,000 acres into a subdivision. I think they are crazy with the housing market like it is. I also think that people that buy the first houses will have bears and coons turning over the garbage cans, deer and hogs eating all the flower beds. after that I guess the animals will no longer have a place to live. oh yeah, i forgot to say that the governor bought a little piece of land for his self very close to this proposed development about the same time as the Timber company sold the WMA land.

Go to www.saveoakywoods for the whole story.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:08 pm 
IP:
The paper companies around here did the same thing a couple of years ago. Yet when they sold out the new buyer discontinued all leases on the land. Unless those leases were on a multiple year contract. Then they let them continue until the lease ran out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:33 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

The WMA's here are on a 100 year lease from a paper company to the gov. . Hopefully we never have to worry bout them selling out cause it backs up to me .

Sam's Creek Kennels
Home of
"PR" OLD TENNESSEE'S LITTLE LADY

"PR" Hayes' Little Treein Buddy

Jasmine "the over hyper Shih Tzu"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:32 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

You can thank the o'l mighty dollar and greed. Here in Nebraska they are doing the same thing with farm ground. Farm ground goe for around $500 to $1,000 depending how good it is. Contractors will pay $3,000 and higher then turn around after zoneing it and sell 3 and 4 acre lots for $80,000 or better to build on it. They put nice houses on them too, between $250,000 and $500,000 and up.
We moved here in 1977 and Boys Town was 3 or 4 miles west of Omaha with farm fields inbetween. 30 years later Elkorn is almost a suburb of Omaha. That means that Omaha has expanded almost 15 miles north and west. No wonder food prices are going up fast, we're loseing too much crop land for houseing and retirement villages.

Let your dogs run wild!