CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:38 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I MADE MY TC KENNEL A LITTLE DIFFERENT BUT PRETTY MUCH THE SAME. I PUT MY DOOR ON THE END BY THE HOUSE AND ALSO PUT A DOOR ON THE BACK OF THE HOUSE FOR EASIER BEDDING CLEAN UP AND SUCH. I DID IT THIS WAY SO WHEN I GET READY TO HUNT THEY DON'T WALK TROUGH POOP. WATER HOSE STAYS READY WHEN I GO TO THE KENNEL I SPRAY IT OUT AND GIVE WATER.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:33 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

toe cutter wrote:
taylorswalker wrote:
i love it easy clean up hounds are happy the only problem i have it i keep havin boards in the floor break .....any suggestions????

< STRONGER BOARDS > 2 X 4 'S ON EDGE.
THE ONLY COMPLAINT I HAVE EVER HAD ON THESE KENNELS IS THAT IF A DOG WONT COME ,LIKE DEACON DOES WHEN HE SEES ME COMMING WITH THE NO BARK COLLARS.
HE GOES TO THE BACK SIDE OF HIS DOG HOUSE AND WONT COME OUT. YOU HAVE TO CLIMB IN THE KENNEL AND CRAWL TO GET THEM.

yea that last board before the coupe keeps breakin im gonna switch it out with a couple 2x4s ....did you see those one lance posted on here they look nice but idk about aluminum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:09 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

yea they are nice,but way too salty for me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:40 pm 
IP:
THIS SUMMER I PLAN ON BUILDING THE SAME TYPE OF KENNEL BUT I ALSO LIVE NEXT TO A CREEK AND I'M GOING TO PUT MINING BELT ON THE GROUND UNDER THEM TO WHERE I CAN JUST SPRAY OFF WITH A WATER HOLE'S AND IT CAN FLOW INTO CREEK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:11 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

is that ligal lol around us im pretty sure u can get sum fines for that

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:24 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

All good no bad bud will never keep a dog another way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:22 pm 
IP:
MY ONLY WORRY IS IT GET INTO -20 SOME TIMES IN THE WINTER AND WITH THE FLOOR BEING OFF THE GROUND I WORRY BOUT IT BEING COLD ON THE DOGS. ALSO HOW BOUT THE DOG HOUSES SHOULD I INSULATE THEM??

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:36 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Walker hounds wrote:
MY ONLY WORRY IS IT GET INTO -20 SOME TIMES IN THE WINTER AND WITH THE FLOOR BEING OFF THE GROUND I WORRY BOUT IT BEING COLD ON THE DOGS. ALSO HOW BOUT THE DOG HOUSES SHOULD I INSULATE THEM??

i am in ky an i love the dogs off the ground i did it years a go for my begales an now for my coon dog they stay so much clener i do have concreat under mine an i just was it down about three time a week

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:13 pm 
IP:
ik buckshot posted tht link for supplies but it wont let me copy and paste so i can print it so i cant look at it well building any way to solve this??

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:18 pm 
IP:
another question the rails for the floor how high up r they?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:01 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

hey everyone. i got a few questions to ask. ok soi am going to be moving out in about a year and these seem great because i will be able to bring them with me. has anyone one ever tried to make them out of metal, instead of wood, because im not the best with wood but am pretty decent with metal. and if you have made them out of metal what suze metal did you use for the legs. i was thinking like 2"x2" steel tubing, and then using angle iron for framing the floors. thanks for the help everyone

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:51 am 
IP:
Metal would get cold in the winter and hot in the summer. I wouldn't do it. Also, look at your local laws. Alot of these kennels won't meet local ordinances for the amount of area required per animal. I know I live in Utah, one of the most conservative states out there and it technically wouldn't be allowed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:50 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I have kept a dog every way imaginable tryin to get whats best for the dog and myself. And these kennels are over the top the best way to keep a dog. As far as space there's not much difference in space compared to kennels and chains. I also made a puppy above ground kennel that is the same just the measurements are a little smaller and a different floor absolutely great I'll get pics up soon!!

Last edited by LNewman on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:40 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

there is a product called kennel-tuff they make a great flooring for above ground kennels it's plastic with inch by inch squares it interlocks and can hold a lot of weight easy for dogs and pups to walk on cost about $17.00 for a 48"x40" peice a guy around me has a few made up and they are great I'm sold..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:09 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

will the turds still fall through with the plastic floors?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next