CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: all white walkers?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:46 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I saw this on here before but cant seem to find it now. ive got a gyp thats almost all white except for a little tan on her head I was wondering if that happens often or why it happens is there a certian breeding that does this? she is ukc and pkc registered and I have dna sample because at first I wondered about it so ik shes full blood ive never seen the parents so idk if they were the same or not just wantin to know why she turned out this way

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: all white walkers?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:54 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Zrkizer wrote:
I saw this on here before but cant seem to find it now. ive got a gyp thats almost all white except for a little tan on her head I was wondering if that happens often or why it happens is there a certian breeding that does this? she is ukc and pkc registered and I have dna sample because at first I wondered about it so ik shes full blood ive never seen the parents so idk if they were the same or not just wantin to know why she turned out this way
Simple enough. If you want white wons you have a wwhite stud and breed to white bitches . and almost eventually get all white offspring, If you want black Walkers you keep a realy black male and do whatever you got to do to make him a Grand nite and breed him to the all blackest females you can get ( no matter if she is bbrood bitch quality) with papers. If you want a Lipper looking dog then breed appropriately for whatever sells fastest. If you want a Go Yander get lost in the dark and pick out a tree to tree upon , breed for that., If you want a pup you can train in the backyard and have one socalled "running" and "treeing " at five months old by himself, Then by all means , buy one of that type and set about making yourself "World Famuz" LOL .

I am surprised those types of dogs even exist today. They were introduced as " early starting" " go yander wunders " in the middle of the 1980's,> They completely fizzled out with regular coonhunters by the middle of the 1990' s. Yet whatever types sell quick and win quick are still here. And still selling fast enough to eep more and more of them coming in heat and matched up. with a backyard wunder that when he gits old just goes and goes and goes, But better than a road runner because only , he don't run roads.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:31 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

what do you mean by suprised "these type dogs still exist " ? You mentioned about 7 different kinds of dog . Which kind are you surprised still exist ? all white dogs ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:32 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Just because you breed all white to all white or all black to all black don't mean that's what's gonna come out. The coloration of that dog don't mean that either parent were all white. I bred two regular colored blueticks together and got a black and white one. The line that I run and breed has a tendency to throw a black and white one here and there. A buddy of mine has a black and white bluetick from the same line, bred her to a regular blue once, none of the pups came out black and white, second breeding though, 5 of the 8 were black and white. It's all a matter of chance, yes the more you breed those with similar traits together the better chance you have of repeating the pattern but it's not a guarantee.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:54 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I'd like to know how a English restock can make a black an white dog not a Bluetick but a black and white like a walker and she threw a english bluetick which I know is common but neither parent or anywhere in the bloodline has there ever been a english Bluetick or a black and white English

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:55 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

That was pose to say redtick not restock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:36 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Well that is simple but not so easy lol, its all in the dna, it was just a recessive trait carried in that dogs dna that came out when bred with another dog with the same trait in its dna. That trait then goes from being recessive to being dominant and comes out. That's why a lot of people now are getting their dogs dna profiled so that they can better select which dogs they breed to in order to bring out certain traits.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:17 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I got cha so in that whole blood line it never can out but now it does its weird but I get it

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:32 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Big Cajun wrote:
I got cha so in that whole blood line it never can out but now it does its weird but I get it

I have one blue leopard > I have heard that in the arts council that Blue does not exist .That it is a combo of white and black that gives off the blue color. There is some Tobacco land around here that , if you look at it jist right , it looks blue on the surface of the soil. It might not be the best soil but it does alright . And it is high ground and fairly well drained. So my Blue Leopards ???? what do you think?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:33 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I saw the parents to the hound when I boight it and they were both blanket bac the sire had the most black ive seen on a walker so I wasnt sure how she got this color since ive always been told breed dogs that have the same traits and the pups will usually be the same she hunts the same as the parents but looks nothing like them

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:00 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Big Cajun wrote:

Yeah just like you can have for example two people with brown eyes, statistically if they were to have four children the chance they would have a child with blue eyes is about 25% that's given that they each carry a recessive gene for blue eyes. Now if you're certain that coloration has never come out in any dog in that line, ever. That makes the probability of it coming out a lot lower but all it takes is that one time that another dog carries the same gene.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:03 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Zrkizer wrote:
I saw the parents to the hound when I boight it and they were both blanket bac the sire had the most black ive seen on a walker so I wasnt sure how she got this color since ive always been told breed dogs that have the same traits and the pups will usually be the same she hunts the same as the parents but looks nothing like them

And generally that's correct but like I said before there's always the chance that one or more of a litter will come out different. The only way to get a better idea of how the litter is gonna be when it comes out is to have your dog dna profiled and only breed to dogs that are profiled so that you can match up desired traits.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:08 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

wvcoonrunner wrote:
Zrkizer wrote:

And generally that's correct but like I said before there's always the chance that one or more of a litter will come out different. The only way to get a better idea of how the litter is gonna be when it comes out is to have your dog dna profiled and only breed to dogs that are profiled so that you can match up desired traits.

yES , there is always that chance> there is always that chance that someone that has enough money to make all the hunts and PROMOTE will end up with him too. But how many more of the folks that got the duds end up cussing you out??

I'd rather sell pups that when I do let go of them I know are gonna act like their momma. LOL AND/OR their daddy. LOL. WHY? because if their mamma and their daddy made coon dogs their is 95% more chance than standing around waiting on the ODDBALL to make a world great dog that can't pass crap on genetics wise > JMO and a50% graeter chance than IF their daddy made anything at all out of himself than his moma did not and Vice Versa.

Back when I messed with Walkers and PKC I had all my DaHoneys bred dogs DNA profiled and my Coma bred ones DNA profiled and My Sacket Jr ones DNA profiled> And I Found out with my Minor Degree in animal science with untold hours of farting around in Genetics Classes, that I can't tell doodally squat from all of that DNA profiling as to n run the living H out onning instead of climbing gthe first tree it can garouwha'ts got it to make a coondog by the time it is two years old. But if you can get one to treeing a weenie in the back yards 5 and Dime kind of a toy. Then I think it is time for me to ease on down the screet to the Hardware Store and give up on playing with toys. I need one to hunt,Thats # 1 and I don't care how close because I hunt where I expect a dog to get on a coon and not a bucket coon, and then be able to track it til it gets hot and then run it! and get it treed. This ain't a wind up toy . Nor a Labrador with nothing but fetching in it's head.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:16 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Well on a hunting scenario I agree with you, but then again just because both parents are sound hunting dogs don't guarantee that they reproduce well but I would rather take that chance myself lol. We weren't talking about hunting ability however so the only reason I made the statement I did was because he was asking about the coloration of his hound. To most houndsman though, like myself, I could care less what the dog looks like as long as it does what it's supposed to when I unsnap that lead. Like I said in an earlier post, I have a black and white bluetick, she's mostly white with a couple black spots and a little bit of tan on her face, she does have some ticking which is really the only reason I was able to register her. But by my understanding of the bluetick breed standards she don't fit them. Do I care? not at all, she's turning into a fine hound, hunts out by herself at 7 months old and will tree some. At the end of the day that's all that matters to me, not what color she is.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:28 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

[quote="wvcoonrunner"]Well on a hunting scenario I agree with you, but then again just because both parents are sound hunting dogs don't guarantee that they reproduce well but I would rather take that chance myself lol. We weren't talking about hunting ability however so the only reason I made the statement I did was because he was asking about the coloration of his hound. To most houndsman though, like myself, I could care less what the dog looks like as long as it does what it's supposed to when I unsnap that lead. Like I said in an earlier post, I have a black and white bluetick, she's mostly white with a couple black spots and a little bit of tan on her face, she does have some ticking which is really the only reason I was able to register her. But by my understanding of the bluetick breed standards she don't fit them. Do I care? not at all, she's turning into a fine hound, hunts out by herself at 7 months old and will tree some. At the end of the day that's all that matters to me, not what color she is.[/quote
And I also agree with you. Photo bucket has got way too complicated for me to post a pic. If you will go to l,lyle- photos , you will see a 1/4 walker and 3/4 leopard . She did not prove out as coondawg and she is right now a hogdog. She did not have a ounce of Bluetick in her . If you look farther, will see some Plott looking pups that make Gr Nt on the Bencth hat ain't got an ounce of Plott in them . That is why I applaud ALBA for keeping the Lep registration closed . Why??? Easy.... Cross a Bluetick on a shorteard merle Catahoula. and get a blue merle short eared cur. That's why. get anything you want to single register to meet some breed standard that ain't got one ounce of that breed in it. Are you kidding??????. Most of my breeding stoc of Lepoards are colored up like Black and tans , that don't have merle. Could be that some other of my breeding stock would have been all red if she had worked out to just hold a tree a little while but she did not. So , for those of you that put up with a young dog trying his best that pulls up short twice , then he goes POOF , that is the reason why. It used to be a puppy had a coon no doubt. A dog LEARNS how to LIE when it gets old". Not so these days. ..A a puppy knows how to tell a LIE from the breedind from the Genetics. and must serve out punishment until he can finally get it right. Lead him off and send him on;;; time after time after time after time LOL LOl .