CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: lipper breed dogs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:26 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I just bought a young dog that has lipper blood all over it. The guys I hunt with told me they dont like lipper breed dogs. I'm not very dog smart but looks to me that just about every walker dog has lipper blood in them. Can some one tell me of any walker dogs that do not have lipper in them? Thanks in advance.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: lipper breed dogs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:09 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I know that this is not the ? u asked but i have hunted with pretty much nothing but lipper dogs for the last 6yrs. They are great, alot of people have breed dogs to tree and that is good but alot cant trail and u cant poor gravy over empty trees lol. That is actually the only thing about the lipper dogs, that some would rather trail then tree but not alot of them are this way. If that pup has any of the hardwood swamp in it u can bet there is a good chance that it will be an independent dog. Which to me is a good thing whether u comp. hunt or just pleasure hunt it is aggervating to have a dog with big ears. About ur ? about 75% of the dogs out there has lipper blood in there some were. If i was u i would really give this pup a chance there is a good chance it will make something. But just remember not all of them make it. Good luck and good hunting.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:53 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I couldnt have said it better myself walkerman81.As for the guys you hunt with that dont like lipper dogs,there is always someone out there that can find something they dont like about any breed.I know some OLD TIMERS that say the lipper breed sucks also,at least thats what they said when i bought my sons lipper bred male back in Oct of 07, well geuss what? He will be 2 years old in Sept. and he is a FINISHED TREEDOG ! Last kill season he was 14 moths old and we killed 22 coon with him ,it was his first kill season.Weather permiting im shooting for 100 this year.Last year i was still working and we had some prety bad coon hunting weather.Im laid off this year so the 100 mark might not be so hard to get.I have been around hounds (mostly walkers) all my life and this lipper dog has been the easyest training and the best treedog ive ever had.Im very happy with the Lipper bred myself and would recomend it to anyone.I just bought my self a heavy Finley river female pup (3months old) i will start her this fall so with any luck she will turn out to be a treedog also,if she does i will breed the 2 some day.Im not a comp. hunter just a hide hunter.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:15 pm 
IP:
Well I think there is only about one dog in every 100 dogs, that has any lipper
in them, with a little time I could name some. But this is some dogs in his pedigree
I am only going to name some it would take to long to name a lot of them.

----------------------------------------ch nite ch house of chief
--------------------------------nite ch ch kaw river chief
-------------------------gr nite ch houses tom tom
-------------------gr nite ch house of clint
------------gr nite ch house of lipper

I got more dog in his pedigree but just to many to put on here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:14 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i am 24 years old and i started hunting with lipper dogs when i was 7 years old and that is all i have owned and will keep owning till i cant find any they are good track and powerful tree dogs thats just what i think everybody has there own opinions

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:49 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I have a 23 month old pup his great grandad on mom and dad side is lipper and he is a hell of a track dog and once he starts a track he finishes as a hard tree dog. He is cold nosed so when he trees 8 times out of 10 he has the coon. Great blood that has had many champions out of it.

Good huntin to ya

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:03 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i got an old dog he is 13 and i hunt with him everyounce and a while he is out of pac man and stylish lipper and sackket jr are all in him ivebeen trying someone who might want to breed him to a nice gyp they have ill post all the hounds in him here in the next couple days

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:23 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

forgot to mention my 23 month old's grandad on sires side is LIPPERS STYLISH RANK and on moms side is LIPPERS STYLISH CADE, excellent dog track driving S.O.B. and a hard treedog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:25 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

uncle Jesse wrote:
I just bought a young dog that has lipper blood all over it. The guys I hunt with told me they dont like lipper breed dogs. I'm not very dog smart but looks to me that just about every walker dog has lipper blood in them. Can some one tell me of any walker dogs that do not have lipper in them? Thanks in advance.

the reason they dont like them if the truth was known is they,likey got beat by a lipper dog,and too stuck on whatever it is they are trying to sell to admit it..,i have a 9 1/2 yr old female thats been straight coon dog from the time she was in the woods at 7 months old and been dumped out on top of deer and never look twice at them,,shes got more lipper's blood than lipper had behind him,,
...........gr.nite house lawyer-lipper
......gr.nite cook's raider
...........nt.ch.russell's spr.crk.dixie
.gr.nite Ingrams's hi-tec askum
...........nt.ch.bates'house cobra-h.cruz
......nt.ch.hanners gold dust
...........duncan's little penny

fullhouse 2 toes(princess)

...........gr.nite guess deanwood drifter-h.clint
.......gr.nite welch's drifting floyd
...........lippers renegade lady-lipper
.saylors fullhouse hazel
...........gr.nite conger's lawtoo-h.lawyer
.......saylor's cruzen samatha
...........house's cruz brandy-h.cruz-h.clint

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:08 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

my name is beardogdave from western ny has any body had any luck with breeding to tj s stylish lipper iwould like any feedback

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:04 am 
IP:
I LOVE The lipper blood. What I've seen with my own eyes is dog's with Lipper blood go hunting, bawl on track, drive a track fast and have the coon when they tree. COONDOGS.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:44 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I owned a female directly out of lipper in the late 90's I think the mother was wicks stlylish banjo bred. She was a track tree and lay up dog. I have hunted several lipper dogs and at first they seem a little trashy ( The hard drive and track power) and some slow to tree ( accurate and need some confidence treeing) put the coon out to them and they become trash free , track driving accurate tree dogs. Some times this takes two years of hunting, but will make a real good dog. Hard to believe any dog would make night at a year would really be good at four or five? Fizzle out instead of getting better. Just some things to think about. Also think being down on lipper dogs comes from being beat by one or being lazy and not wanting a hard driven dog. Just One mans opinion base on five years of hunting five nights a week in all weather conditions.Besides is there any other dog made ukc and pkc world champion ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:08 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have never had a dog from that bloodline and have heard people talk bad about it, but, the guy i hunt with has one and he is by FAR the best dog i've hunted with in a very long time!

Jeremiah 16:16

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:19 pm 
IP:
It all depends on what you like. My dog is out of Cade and Cade is out Lipper. So my dog is a grandpup to lipper. I really like my dog. He is as good a dog as i have ever owned. Most of the Lipper bred dogs I have hunted with were GOOD dogs.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:29 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

i have hunted lipper, sackett jr, hayes jr, hardwood henry, clover, nailor dogs. i would have to say that i prefer the lipper bred. i have a 13 year old grand pup out of lipper/clover. lipper top side goes back to clover on the bottom side. i owned a lipper/sackett jr grand pup had to sell due to working. That dog could drive a track with the best of them and would tree with thes best. the nailor dogs that i have hunted were kinda of lazy on the track side but if ya want a dog that can tree i would say nailor is the way. the nailor dog i had was a slick treeing machine. i am not knocking any of these just telling ya what i have noticed from the years i have been hunting. the hardwood henry pup i owned was going to be a good hound. i sold that pup due to having to many dogs. if i was going to hunt any of the walker breed it would be lipper and if i could get one with lipper and clover or lipper and sackett jr i dont think you can go wrong. the lipper breed can burn up a track and tree as well. just depends on what ya want.this is just my opinion and say you cant go wrong with lipper bred hounds.