CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Question on bare patch
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:12 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I've got a 16 month old blue female that I was gettin ready to take to a show and was working with her and noticed a bare patch on her left leg so I didn't take her , I've kept an eye on it through out the week because there's another show this weekend, it's not gettin any better she's startin to get another spot on her right leg in about the same spot as the left. I have no idea what it is or how to fix it.. Need Help

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:47 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Might have her checked for ringworm or mange. Could also just be a rub spot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:05 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

It might be a hot spot from feeding to high of a protein feed ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:16 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

If the dog has spots in the same place on both legs and they are itchy it could be a hormonal problem (possibly Cushing's Disease) or seasonal allergies. It could also be either ringworm or a feed problem. You can treat ringworm with any lotion, cream or shampoo used for ringworm, athlete's food or jock itch. They all have the ingredients to get rid of it. The feed problem you can take care of by feeding a lower protein feed. If she shows signs of being very hungry and thirsty, panting and urinating a lot more than usual you should take her to the vet for a blood test for Cushing's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:12 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

My buddy just went thru the samething.He went to the local drugs store and bought some type of powder.It was called TLA7.He said he put that on.And 2 days later hair was starting to grow back.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:04 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

arachyd wrote:
If the dog has spots in the same place on both legs and they are itchy it could be a hormonal problem (possibly Cushing's Disease) or seasonal allergies. It could also be either ringworm or a feed problem. You can treat ringworm with any lotion, cream or shampoo used for ringworm, athlete's food or jock itch. They all have the ingredients to get rid of it. The feed problem you can take care of by feeding a lower protein feed. If she shows signs of being very hungry and thirsty, panting and urinating a lot more than usual you should take her to the vet for a blood test for Cushing's.

Sorry for bring up an old tread but i wanted to say thank you i did this with my blue and hair is starting to grow back. i used target brand jock itch spray.