CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:43 pm 
IP:
Years ago, I went out with a guy, who on the first date told me that he liked to coon hunt with his walker dogs. I told him how I was afraid of dogs, after being bit as a child. And, since I had not grown up around dogs, I knew nothing about them. I was always told that dogs belonged outside, that they were nothing more than filthy varmits. But, I did have an uncle that lived in Kentucky, we used to visit. My Uncle Crit had coon dogs way out back, that would bark at night non-stop at times. I remember thinking there was somebody outside and wondered why Uncle Crit didn't go chase them away.

Anyway, after our first date my friends asked me how it went, did I like him, what was he like, and so forth. The first thing that came out of my mouth was, "He's a coon hunter!. I never thought I would date someone who hunts. And, besides that- hunter's carry guns!" My one friend looked at me with a small look of doubt, and then said,"But, what does he look like? Does he look like a hunter? Is he big and strong, or mean and rough looking?" Mmmm...I thought for a moment. Then I said, "I don't know? But, one thing I do know is I don't think it's gonna go anywhere. You know, I am terrified of dogs".

We dated non stop for several months. One day, he suggested that we go to his place and, I could see his dogs. We were having a lot of fun going out to eat, movies and all. I was a little curious about his place. BUT, I was not the slightest bit intrested in seeing his dogs. It wasn't like we had wore out the dating mode, we still had alot of things to do with our getting to know one other. But, the truth was, :arrow: I wanted to get to know him in his comfort zone. So, I agreed the following weekend we would spend watching a movie, and order a carry out pizza at his place on Saturday night.

(to be continued...) :arrow:

Join the forum today and remove this ad!