CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:51 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Country Superstars Pipe Up for Dogs in New PETA Ads

What do Emmylou Harris, Loretta Lynn, and Dolly Parton have in common? OK, besides being living legends of country music ... they are all helping to bring attention to the plight of chained dogs through PETA public service announcements.
Sadly, many dogs are forced to spend their entire lives in "solitary confinement," trapped at the end of a chain—suffering through blazing heat, bitter cold, and horrible loneliness, when all they want is to be part of the family. For "Unchain a Dog" Month, Emmylou hosted a news conference in Nashville, where the three singers' spots were screened, to encourage people to allow their pets inside, where they are safest and happiest, rather than keeping them chained outside, longing for warmth and companionship.

Emmylou's commercial, which was filmed inside Nashville's original Grand Ole Opry, features the singer declaring, "I'm a proud member of some great organizations. One is the Grand Ole Opry. Another is PETA." Truly devoted to four-legged friends everywhere, Emmylou once rolled her sleeves up to help PETA build doghouses to provide shelter and warmth throughout the cold winter to lonely dogs who are tragically chained up outside.

Dolly Parton donated her bluegrass song "Will He Be Waiting for Me?" for a heartwarming spot starring comic Kathy Najimy as a woman rushing home to take her dog out, reminding people that dogs need company and are miserable when neglected.

Loretta Lynn graciously allowed PETA to use her classic 1971 hit "I Wanna Be Free" in a new animated public service announcement (PSA) that urges people to bring their dogs in from the cold and make them a part of the family. The heart-wrenching PSA was superbly crafted by cutting-edge animation team Molly and Mariah at Radical Media.

With the generous donations of these country music songsters, PETA hopes to make the loneliness of life at the end of a chain a thing of the past, but we need your help. If you know someone with an "outside dog", offer to play with the dog and take him or her for walks. Bring treats and toys-they mean so much to a dog who has little else to do. Make sure that he or she has adequate food, water, and shelter—all of which are required by law—and report neglect to authorities. Your call could mean the difference between life and death for an animal left outside in the cold.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:26 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Nice,

Even the Country singers use their money against us "country listeners"

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:53 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I wonder if they're really aware of what PeTA really does. And that PeTA has no problem killing dogs and dumping them in garbage cans (fact - employees of PeTA busted doing it - first comment from the big wigs was how it'd look bad...not that it was done).

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:04 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I was expecting to see Big and Rich or Shania Twain on here....but no these are the real country singers.

Sad to see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:10 pm 
IP:
this is truly sad. i didnt expect these names to pop up either. ok, heres my two cents.....the dogs us hunters keep are finely tuned athletes. our dogs get run a TON, and get to do what they love. by the time they hit that chain at the end of the day they're usually so tired they just crawl in the nice warm box we provide and sleep ....(after the big meal we feed them)

now, flip side is the typical family dog we all see. fat, lazy, out of shape couch potato that ends up dying from heart disease. never gets out of the house unless for a short walk to the back yard to @#$ and !@#$ all over the place.

now which is worse? I happened to drive by Petas office in virginia and let me tell you they have some money. very nice building, right on the water (chesapeake bay). dont let them fool you with that tree huggin mentality as if they're operating out of someones basement. they get lots of $$ support.

Post subject: chained dogs
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:32 pm 
IP:
If they don't like chained dogs they should buy all of us pens and built us kennels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:29 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

WOW!!! THis is TRULY SAD!! THis is exactly what we're up against here in CA. PLEASE GO TO MY POST in SB 1578 LATEST UPDATE! and CALL THE NUMBER I LISTED AND VOTE NO!! CALL SEVERAL TIMES !!
You know PETA and the HSUS pay people to do nothing all day except try to make it hard on us!!

They're trying to make it illegal here today, as well as in PA. Tomorrow may be YOU.
So HOUNDSMEN, LET'S SHOW EM' HOW TO GET R DONE!!!

Thanks
Irv Corbin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:06 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

man that stinks when those three women tell you you are a bad person i might be able handle but if walyon would have said it or if willie does thawould have been bad i would have to turn off the radio.

PR Miller's Mountain Moonshiner (Moon)
Give It All You Got With Plotts.
John Miller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:45 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Ok, I may make someone mad but that's the price I'll have to pay.

In all honesty I can see why someone like Emmylou Harris, Dolly Parton, and Loretta Lynn would do something like this. But if you really think about it Dolly and Loretta aren't really doing anything except saying its okay for this organization to use a couple of songs.

I can totally see Loretta Lynn being told that PeTA is an organization that helps animals that are abused or neglected and her really not knowing any thing other than that. I highly doubt she "actively supports" PeTA. And in all seriousness, she's kinda gone a little crazy these days anyway.

But where I can understand Emmylou Harris doing this is it's easy to want to protect some of these animals. The fact of the matter is that hunting dogs aren't in the majority of the kinds of dogs across America. It really only takes watching a few of these "Animal Cops" shows to get really angry at how some people treat their animals.

While I realize that there are a huge number of hunters out there that love and treat their dogs really well I am also not willing to sit back and say that there aren't those people out there that make me want to throw up because of the way they treat their dogs.

All I'm saying is that its very possible that some of this is being directed towards those types of people and not at the responsible dog owner who is doing what not only they love but what the DOG loves as well and is taking really great care of the dogs as well. As for Loretta Lynn, I'd be willing to bet that if she ever saw the PeTA website she'd laugh hysterically and tell everyone that PeTA is nuts.

A large majority of people across the nation don't have a clue what PeTA and some of these other organizations really believe and a big number of those same people would probably laugh at PeTA if they really got out there and said all that is said on their website in a nationally run interview.

Most people are just too ignorant to really research most of what PeTA is really about. And, in my opinion, a large majority of the nation doesn't stand for all that PeTA does. Most of these people are on the far side of the issue and the fact remains that most educated people are much more moderate than the fringe that makes up Hollywood.

de gustibous non desputandum est

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:48 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

plottchaser wrote:
man that stinks when those three women tell you you are a bad person i might be able handle but if walyon would have said it or if willie does thawould have been bad i would have to turn off the radio.

I seriously doubt that Waylon, Willie, Johnnie, George Strait, ect....would ever do something like this.

This is just an example of the fringe getting some claws into someone with a little popularity but were probably able to do so by being dishonest and leaving out a majority of the information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:49 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Buckmom wrote:
plottchaser wrote:

I seriously doubt that Waylon, Willie, Johnnie, George Strait, ect....would ever do something like this.

This is just an example of the fringe getting some claws into someone with a little popularity but were probably able to do so by being dishonest and leaving out a majority of the information.

I hate to disappoint you but Willie is a big PETA supporter. he turned into a big lefty after he got bagged not paying his taxes.

Member NRA Business Alliance
NRA Benefactor Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:50 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

buckshot wrote:
Country Superstars Pipe Up for Dogs in New PETA Ads

What do Emmylou Harris, Loretta Lynn, and Dolly Parton have in common? .

Ummm, they are all washed up has-beens??? :D

Honestly, I never considered EmmyLou Harris a country music type. I always associated her to that folkie Joan Baez type of hippie crowd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:02 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

1 word - boycott.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:33 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

arachyd wrote:
1 word - boycott.

Absolutely, Arachyd. I am tired of these so-called artists who make ALOT of money off of people like you and I and then go on some sort of ignoble crusade on the very things we stand for. They never get a dime of my money any more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:46 pm 
IP:
Thats why i like heavy metal and punk ;-)